Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had family issue pop up as a seller on here about 8 years ago and was roasted on here. Hope thats not the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      I had family issue pop up as a seller on here about 8 years ago and was roasted on here. Hope thats not the same situation.
      Those things happen, and you shouldn't have been roasted, as long as you were up front with the seller. This guy just disappeared. I asked him multiple times just to let me know if he didn't want it, and got nothing in response.

Comment

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Ghosting is 100% gutless. Man the F up and face the issue you created. I have much more respect for a person that says hey man I just can’t afford it or don’t need it, than a d***che that ignores the contact attempts and hopes it all goes away. Communication is key! Had a guy ghost me with a Weatherby brass sale a long time ago here. His name was nimrod something or other.

Comment

I like to keep purchases local. However, I never have to worry about purchasing anything since all the good stuff is in Houston or Dallas. But when I do decide and the transaction can’t be done within that day or next I won’t do it, so I don’t mess with transactions greater than 75 miles.

Comment

I don’t believe I’ve ever sold anything here but have bought a lot of stuff. When I decide I’ll “take it”, the first thing I want to do is get the payment out if not meeting right away. Being a buyer, it’s very important to keep the line of communication open till transaction is complete.

Comment

Seems I may have been ghosted myself once... on a little bigger scale. I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chance i have the exact same rifle

Comment

Had the reverse situation. I bought a bow from a member, agreed to meet & exchange cash for the bow. The guy never showed up. Made arrangements to try again, dude never showed up.

I didn’t try for a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t blame you one bit. Had a buyer for an item once that disappeared for a few days until I went with the next one in line then all of a sudden it’s my fault for wanting first one with cash! Some people just suck!

Comment

At least you didn't buy something that wasn't right. I bought a custom takedown recurve bow that the handle was cracked.....in multiple places. Sent him a message the next day and he said he gave the money to his girl friend to pay her rent and it would be months before he could get the money. He was a spike and sold a few things on here and then was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Hum, just for a thought. Someone could be DEAD due to covid. Heck, he could be dead....lol!

I’ve had three folks I’ve been working for my job(sales) with who have died in the last 4 months who have all been in their 70’s.

After the first one died and his wife answered saying he passed I started checking the obits.

I found out why two folks have been dodging me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Guy said he wanted my shotgun 100%. He would pick it up the next week. Heard nothing, so I texted him. He apologized, said his whole family had COVID, but he would send someone to pick it up the next week. Nothing, then he ghosted me. I had taken it down off the classified for almost 3-weeks. The good news is that I had another buyer. I just can't imagine the lack of conscience you have to have to do that. I mean just say you don't want it. From now on, it's for sale until money in hand. Fool me once.
                          Who is it we need to avoid transactions with?

Comment

I've had a ton of transactions on here and all were great except one. Pretty much the same thing. Guy stood me up twice in a row then ghosted me. I blame myself on that one though because there were red flags to say the least lol. I just tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              Guy said he wanted my shotgun 100%. He would pick it up the next week. Heard nothing, so I texted him. He apologized, said his whole family had COVID, but he would send someone to pick it up the next week. Nothing, then he ghosted me. I had taken it down off the classified for almost 3-weeks. The good news is that I had another buyer. I just can't imagine the lack of conscience you have to have to do that. I mean just say you don't want it. From now on, it's for sale until money in hand. Fool me once.
                              I'm still holding a gun for a guy to get back from working off-shore......for 3 years now. Hope he's OK.

Comment

Years ago had a guy that would say "I'll take it" both here and on THF and TFF. I dealt with him, never shows to buy, and when telling my nephew the same guy had done it to him. He didn't last long.

Comment

Working...
                                X