Just sayin'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sayin'.

Never understood why people paint their guns? IMO it greatly depreciates their resale value. Most firearms are a work of art & should not be violated in anyway. If camo is the way to go why doesn't the military make it mandatory? Just sayin'! Semper fi.

I guess I've done it because I can....I won't do it to a Colt python or a hi point because of their collectability but I will do it to something I plan on keeping. Just to make it my own. Call me weird and dumb but I like custom

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dcw View Post
        I guess I've done it because I can....I won't do it to a Colt python or a hi point because of their collectability but I will do it to something I plan on keeping. Just to make it my own. Call me weird and dumb but I like custom
        I had no idea Hi Point firearms were collectable.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          I had no idea Hi Point firearms were collectable.
          There was sarcasm there lol

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
            Never understood why people paint their guns? IMO it greatly depreciates their resale value. Most firearms are a work of art & should not be violated in anyway. If camo is the way to go why doesn't the military make it mandatory? Just sayin'! Semper fi.
            Some folks buy guns as tools with specific purposes with zero thought about their resale values.
            I give just about as much thought about the resale value of gun purchases as I do a hammers and screwdrivers at Lowes.
            Got plenty of heirloom passed down from generations and those won't get painted (hell, they barely get used lol) but I couldn't care less about a new mass produced firearm.
            Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 02-16-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
              Some folks buy guns as tools with specific purposes with zero thought about their resale values.
              I give just about as much thought about the resale value of gun purchases as I do a hammers and screwdrivers at Lowes.
              Got plenty of heirloom passed down from generations and those won't get painted (hell, they barely get used lol) but I couldn't care less about a new mass produced firearm.
              This is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

Comment

Never thought of it that way. Time to bust out the Krylon?

Comment

Cause I like hubba bubba purple and neon pink.... and weatherby mkV's don't come in those colors

Comment

Pretty simple. I don’t re-sell guns so I don’t care about re-sell value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one AR that was painted before I changed out the stock and hand guard. Now it looks like a pinto pony, but I never considered an AR a work of art, and would NEVER spend $1000 or more on one.

Comment

I have two painted rifles, both were a mixture of mismatched pieces, and some unfinished pieces. I did not feel like spending the money to take them to someone to Cerakote them, that would probably cost more than I have in the guns and having a cool looking finish, does not make them shoot any better. They are just hunting guns, that will get banged around. Like someone else said, they were built for a purpose and that purpose was not to look pretty, they were built to hunt with.

Comment

why would i sell a gun!!!!! hunt yotes from the ground! got to do something to take the shine/glare off your rifle or its over

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                              Never understood why people paint their guns? IMO it greatly depreciates their resale value.
                              that's why I paint mine.....so I won't be tempted to sell it.

Comment

Working...
                              X