A “Quarantine” Kid’s Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife, son, and myself got to the lease this afternoon. Got camp squared away and decided to try the fish at a tank behind camp on the way out to make a vuelta to put out a little corn, and see what was about. There were a couple sows across the tank when we pulled up. I didn’t think we had time to get him set up, so I shot one.

Fish weren’t biting aside from a few perch bites, and the water was mud.

We went on and put some corn out, saw a few deer, and a bunch of turkeys. Got a few gobblers to holler back when I whistled. Saw another nice tom strutting, bird outlook is pretty encouraging.

We got on this group of pigs across the fence, got Snoop set up looking down our side and I hollered and whistled till they came back across...and the rifle had jammed when I shot the first one earlier, and I hadn’t noticed.[emoji35][emoji35] No shot fired...

Pigs had been rooting near camp, so I put out corn before we left. We snuck back in in the dark and flashed the light and they were there. I jumped out and flipped the light back on and there was one left, made a pretty quick shot on her.

Goin to the good fishing hole in the morning. “Double Lung” (Matt), and “Treylog” (my BIL) will be here tomorrow with more kiddos. Youth turkey opens here Saturday. Hope we can provide enough pics to keep things interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-26-2020, 09:25 PM.

Sounds like the way to spend quarantine. Good luck and have fun

Comment

Nice work - Ya'll have this social distancing thing figured out!

Comment

Heading to the property with my wife and kids tomorrow. It’s only 55 acres, but no one else is around. Can’t wait to kick it outside for a few days,

Comment

Me and 2 of my boys ran up on a bunch of about 30 or 40 pigs at the lease last Saturday and didn’t even have a gun. We’ll be social distancing Saturday while trying to thin those basta*ds out.

Comment

****THREAD HIJACK ALERT****

I want anyone and EVERYONE who’s kiddo catches a fish, kills a pig, or shoots a turkey....to hijack the Corona out of this thread with pictures of all of them!

Comment

Crap man...enjoy it amigo!! Dang they grow up fast & seems like you just had him!!

The wife walked in on Kenny today having some online video conference with his TCU class / professor & totally embarrassed him. Bursted in saying "here's your Z-Quill & hide it cuz your dad sneaks in to snoot it when he can't sleep."

"Mom, they can see / hear you"...she had just gone for a run & had her purple TCU shirt on & stuck her face into the camera drawing a big roar from everyone...the little terd better take care of us when we get decrepit. Sucks he's not gonna get a formal graduation cuz of all this.

Man, I miss that age yours is at!! Time is sobering.

Comment

Congrats to the kiddos. Can’t think of a better education. My son killed this hog yesterday. He is enjoying the extra time at the ranch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7CE38DF7-E341-4393-B402-9D75E45BE22F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	24612801

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Crap man...enjoy it amigo!! Dang they grow up fast & seems like you just had him!!

The wife walked in on Kenny today having some online video conference with his TCU class / professor & totally embarrassed him. Bursted in saying "here's your Z-Quill & hide it cuz your dad sneaks in to snoot it when he can't sleep."

"Mom, they can see / hear you"...she had just gone for a run & had her purple TCU shirt on & stuck her face into the camera drawing a big roar from everyone...the little terd better take care of us when we get decrepit. Sucks he's not gonna get a formal graduation cuz of all this.

Man, I miss that age yours is at!! Time is sobering.

****! Hard to believe he’s already graduating, I didn’t think he was up here more than a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    Congrats to the kiddos. Can’t think of a better education. My son killed this hog yesterday. He is enjoying the extra time at the ranch.

[ATTACH]997224[/ATTACH]

Heck yeah, nice shot young man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      ****! Hard to believe he’s already graduating, I didn’t think he was up here more than a couple years.

Telling you brother, enjoy it!! He's getting an electrical Eng degree & figuring out the next chapter as am I...totally enjoying & savoring the SiP with the boy!!

I'll ping ya when we head up...still gotta get his crap outta the apt. Wish you had contacted me on the last trip down as I woulda picked you up & got you out to Leggett's & saved someone a trip or a rental. Please don't hesitate next time.

Comment

We’ve been at the farm the last
                        Two weeks,
                        No softball, no baseball, no track I’m
                        Not getting locked down in Harris county when we can be here moving around doing other things we love
                        Daughter shot a pig evening before last but couldn’t find it but we are putting a hurt on the cats
                        Chasing crappie in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          We’ve been at the farm the last
                          Two weeks,
                          No softball, no baseball, no track I’m
                          Not getting locked down in Harris county when we can be here moving around doing other things we love
                          Daughter shot a pig evening before last but couldn’t find it but we are putting a hurt on the cats
                          Chasing crappie in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well played, sir! Buncha nice eaters in there.

We may keep some big perch if we catch a mess tomorrow, doubt these kids have ever eat any fat perch.

Comment

D-Mo / A-ho ?? You always start some of the best threads. I cannot believe how big snoop is in that picture all mounted up to kill the swine flu! Good luck this weekend and keep the pics rolling. We are headed out saturday to fill feeders and hopefully shoot a few swine flu carriers. We had to miss our turkey invite.

Comment

Next years backstraps lining up at camp.

Don’t pay any attention to those targets, girls...

Comment

Working...
                              X