Inconsiderate Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsiderate Hunters

Do you think it is inconsiderate for other hunters to call coyotes on opening weekend after filling their tag. We had this happen to us last year on the first 2 weekends. They were using an electronic call and playing it over and over within a few hundred yards of our lease from about 4:30 pm till dark. I understand that they have every right to do it, but that is just not something I would ever do. It also makes it hard to be friendly when you meet them on the county road when you get back to your truck. The same group of hunters put up a pop up blind 60 feet from the road and 40 feet from our property line fence and actually wave at us(inside the blind) when we drive by on the way to hunt. I believe some people just don't get it or just don`t care.

Separate lease with no one else hunting? Not in the least. Same lease with others hunting? Yes.

I’d love to varmint Hunt right now. I pay over $3k a year for my lease, and I only care to kill coyotes off of it. I’ll shoot a coyote while filing feeders or doing work right now, but I don’t go out at night, and I don’t call. I let the deer hunters have their time until January. I also fill feeders just to help out. I don’t hunt over a feeder. If the guys next door are hunting it’s not going to slow me down in the least bit though.

I guess I would move a little further down the road though. I don’t care to hunt right on top of anyone for any reason.

Comment

Why don’t you stop and talk to them next time you see them on the road? Don’t be a ****, but politely ask them not to do that. Some people are just really dumb and don’t consider other consequences besides what’s immediately in front of them. If they tell you to pound sand, then you know they are just *******s.

Comment

I wouldn’t even consider talking to my neighbor about something like that. Hunt farther away from the ruckus.

Comment

The problem is when people think their hunting is more important than someone else’s. Would it be any different if he was dove or quail hunting. Like was said above, Move your set-up if it bothers you. His property his choice to do what he wants. Him getting rid of predators will help your deer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            The same group of hunters put up a pop up blind 60 feet from the road and 40 feet from our property line fence and actually wave at us(inside the blind) when we drive by on the way to hunt.
            Next time just stop along the fence and get out and wave them over. Just have a friendly “y’all been seeing anything conversation with them.” Heck, even if they don’t get out of the blind, have a “y’all been seeing anything” conversation with them. Heck, do it every time you pass unless they ask you not to. You might make a new friend and/or they might decide not to hunt so close to the fence just do they don’t have to talk to you. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
              The problem is when people think their hunting is more important than someone else’s. Would it be any different if he was dove or quail hunting. Like was said above, Move your set-up if it bothers you. His property his choice to do what he wants. Him getting rid of predators will help your deer anyway.
              Yup

Comment

Lots of truth to this statement.

Comment

True but I'd be willing to bet that most of the noisy, "extracurricular activity", taking place on neighboring properties, during hunting hours, is meant strictly to harass adjoining neighbors while hunting.. It happens a lot.. Jealousy, envy, and greed are nasty emotions..

Everybody thinks that "they own the deer"... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    True but I'd be willing to bet that most of the noisy, "extracurricular activity", taking place on neighboring properties, during hunting hours, is meant strictly to harass adjoining neighbors while hunting.. It happens a lot.. Jealousy, envy, and greed are nasty emotions..

Everybody thinks that "they own the deer"... LOL
                    Sure, that happens, but why automatically assume the worst about people. As the post said, they other hunters had tagged out in the morning. Why can’t it be a couple of good guys wanting to get the most out of their trip when they go. They may only get to go 2 or 3 weekends a year. If I tag out at my lease, I will pick up a shotgun and quail hunt if my other lease members aren’t hunting. Am I now an ***hole because on the adjacent lease doesn’t like the noise. He now has a better chance of seeing a deer because they aren’t going to be around me!

Comment

Sure, that happens, but why automatically assume the worst about people. As the post said, they other hunters had tagged out in the morning. Why can’t it be a couple of good guys wanting to get the most out of their trip when they go. They may only get to go 2 or 3 weekends a year. If I tag out at my lease, I will pick up a shotgun and quail hunt if my other lease members aren’t hunting. Am I now an ***hole because on the adjacent lease doesn’t like the noise. He now has a better chance of seeing a deer because they aren’t going to be around me!
                      Why you ask? Because it's all a big conspiracy theory.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                        Why you ask? Because it's all a big conspiracy theory.
                        Lol

Comment

I agree that killing all coyotes will improve hunting and I said that have every right to do it. It is just something I would never do that time of year(opening weekend). I think you can kill coyotes year round. I guess I am just getting cranky with age. Most are more understanding that I am I guess till they show up hunting next to you. I am sticking with inconsiderate though.

Comment

I dont think it is inconsiderate. Probably help you and your deer herd in the long run. Doubt it will substantially effect your hunt really. We dove hunt and the deer are used to the noise. Cars, highways, windmills, oiljacks, etc just throw coyote calls in there too. The human scent of them being in the woods probably has more effect on your hunt than the digital call. Just my opinion.

Comment

Someone hunts legally on his own place and gets bashed for it

Comment

Working...
                              X