No announcement yet.

We Should Do a Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been nothing in my hunting life like the smell of elk in the thick timber, the sound of a bugle in the crisp morning air and the feeling I get when I look at the raghorn racks on my wall. Great read and a darn fine bull.

Comment

Trumpkin, that was a great read.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Cool thread, I’m not much of a story teller but really enjoy reading yalls! Saving this thread for my next sit in the deer stand

Comment

Awesome thread

Comment

This hasn't been at the top in quite a while. I know there are some new people on here that haven't read these stories.

Comment

Phillip some of us don't mind reading them again. Thanx![emoji6]

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                  When my youngest boy was 11 I let him start bowhunting for deer. I bought him a Howatt Mamba pulling 30 lbs at his draw. I set him up in a tripod about 100 yds from me that I had been corning for several days. I arranged several sticks and rocks about 7 yds from his stand. He was told not to shoot unless the deer was within that cirlce.

I climbed up into my tripod and was waiting on the feeder to throw. About 30 mins into my hunt I hear him come running up from behind me. His eyes were wide and he was just about as excited as an eleven yr old could be. I said "Did you shoot something?" He said "Yes. A great big doe!" "Great! Where did you hit her?" He looked down and mumbled "Right in the butt."

I said "Uh OH, how long ago." He said "I ran here right after I shot." Well I was recupering from a torn achillies tendon and was wearing a cast so the walk through the woods took about 20 mins so we headed slowly that way.

We arrived at the tripod and within the circle was blood. Actually quite a bit. It lead straight up a steep hill that the stand was next too. "Well" I thought "That is not a good sign." There was a pretty decent blood trail so we started slowly climbing the hill.

After about 40 yds my son says "There she is!" We walked up to the deer. The spots were barely visible. The arrow had hit the deer in the hindquarter from the rear and went into the body cavity. My boy got a terrible look on his face and said "She looked a lot bigger when I shot her." I laughed and told him "Yeah they all do." When he realized that I was not mad he started smiling again and brushed the deer's coat. I told him "11 yrs old with a recurve, first deer thats a trophy. It won't be hard to shoot a bigger one now. You start dragging and I will go get the truck."
                  I know this is old but what a fantastic story!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                    I know this is old but what a fantastic story!!!!
                    Thank you. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Comment

TTT

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Marking this for later. Seems like a great thread to pass the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                          Longbow Bison
                          You shot a bison with a bow! That is one of my bucket list items that I expect never to check off.

Comment

Working...
                          X