AAE Trad Vanes (Opinion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAE Trad Vanes (Opinion)

I finally got around to trying some of the new AAE Trad Vanes.

Unfortunately, the bases on the vanes are to small to work with a (Brand New) AAE Arizona Easy Fletch fletching jig.

The bases are so small/narrow, that they almost freely fall through the jig slots, and press through when the jig is closed up on the arrow shaft.

Dang near ruined my brand new jig due to the glue residue going through the slots with the vanes.

I think the Trad vanes will work just fine, and I may try them again some day, "IF" AAE makes them work properly with their jig. Until then I'll continue using my Marco Vanes, until I run out of them.

Marco is gone now. They still have some very limited stock on Ebay & Amazon, but it's very limited, and of course they don't have my particular vanes any longer. I need to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

Rick

Get a real jig. A Bitz doesnt cost that much. The ez fletch is not what I'd consider a precision tool. They are quicker (three fletch one step) but unless they have really improved them since the 90s I doubt they do as good a job.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Get a real jig. A Bitz doesnt cost that much. The ez fletch is not what I'd consider a precision tool. They are quicker (three fletch one step) but unless they have really improved them since the 90s I doubt they do as good a job.

Gary
      Gary, I like JoJan better than Bitz, and have a JoJan multi fletcher.

This new Arizona Easy Fletch lays down the same offset & helical, that a right wing JoJan does, and using it I can fletch a dozen arrows in less than 30 minutes. I'll be sticking with it.

Rick

Comment

Jojan"s are good too. I tried an ez fletch back when they came out. Great to have on a trip for emergencies but too much room for movement. Now it probably wouldn't mean squat as I'm not accurate enough barebow for a few degrees off to mean anything. However at 285fps with a compound you can tell the difference in fletching with the two at longer (35+yards) range.

Gary
        Last edited by DRT; 02-28-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I just don't fletch hundreds of arrows like a pro shop. The couple dozen I might do in a given year doesn't press me enough for time that I would pick the speed over the precise placement. No pro shop I've ever done business with uses those speed/field style of "jigs" for a reason.

Gary
          Last edited by DRT; 02-28-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I never have had any trouble with the fletching moving in the Easy Fletch, and these new modles are even tighter fitting than the old ones. I like em.

Only reason I got a new one is, the old one didn't work well with the micro diameter shafts. This new one lays em down smooth, lined up correctly, and tight on the glue line.

Rick

Comment

Yeah I haven't used one since the days of XX75s in 2117s. Long long ago.

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X