Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water... for farmers instead of minnows. What a concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water... for farmers instead of minnows. What a concept.

He told the crowd gathered in Bakersfield at an airport hangar that “millions and millions of gallons” of water have been “wasted and poured into the ocean” due to California policies. The president noted changes to the “outdated scientific research and biological opinions,” as endangered species protections for different types of fish that had been in place for years were reversed by the Department of the Interior last year.

The changes would now direct “as much water as possible, which will be a magnificent amount, a massive amount of water for the use of California farmers and ranchers,”

it's about time.

Comment

Another win for the American people

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        it's about time.
        I heard about this over a decade ago, yeah it is about time. I can't believe nothing has been done before now. We truly have some real dumb aces in this country.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe the libturd commiefornians could drink it also?

Comment

Oh nooooooo!!!! [emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962] U mean the smashed faced snail newt could be in danger....lol!!![emoji854] I always like to see better conservation methods for our producers but this preservation mentality is downright a losing stance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We currently do the same here in Texas for shrimp. Even in drought years. We spend just about the entire summer on water restrictions while releasing water into the bays, but at least the shrimp are happy

Comment

It’s gotta be a balance... can’t just destroy an ecosystem. We m (Americans) place a high priority on healthy biodiversity and I love it! Buuuut it can’t be at all costs either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mexico isn’t complying with the water treaty at all, inflows have been diverted, and Chihuahua is holding South Texas Agriculture hostage. Trumps feet hit the floor every morning looking for a fight,(time to put the gloves on) I doubt he has been informed about this issue, someone needs to make him aware of the situation, perhaps thru Ted Cruz

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                    Mexico isn’t complying with the water treaty at all, inflows have been diverted, and Chihuahua is holding South Texas Agriculture hostage. Trumps feet hit the floor every morning looking for a fight,(time to put the gloves on) I doubt he has been informed about this issue, someone needs to make him aware of the situation, perhaps thru Ted Cruz
                    That is a real problem and had been for quite a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      Big question is how many years of water debt does Mexico owe from over pumping from lakes amastaid and falcon and upper rio grande
                      Last I heard anything about it it was up to 10years
                      Hope trump can renegotiate our water treaty for our USA border farmers
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-01-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

This isn’t over with, its just about to get real, once again

Comment

Working...
                        X