Kitchen remodel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen remodel question

We are in the final stages of remodeling our guest bathroom and about to start on the kitchen. Right now we have an electric coil stove top but I am thinking of getting rid of the electric and going gas or or switching to another type of electric. For those that have had different cook tops in their houses which one do you prefer?

GAS/PROPANE. I personally hate electric cook tops. I love gas

Comment

LOVE gas,,,, HATE all electric I have cooked on.
      when you turn it on, it is hot, when you turn it off, it is not. no waiting / guessing
      Last edited by Aggiebow88; 02-19-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

If plumbing it is not going to be too big of a project, gas is superior to any electric stovetop IMO.

Comment

Gas

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            If plumbing it is not going to be too big of a project, gas is superior to any electric stovetop IMO.
            It would not be the easiest or cheapest, but the house is paid off and we will be here for a while. Gas is what I am thinking. If my wife does not not like the idea of running gas lines I'll stick a propane bottle under the cabinet and make an indoor/outdoor kitchen. J/K kidding

Comment

In this order;

Gas
              Gas
              Gas

Comment

I'll be the contrarian and say "natural gas". :-)

I really don't understand this push to go electric to save the environment. How can anything be more efficient than a direct conversion of energy?

Comment

Have always had gas. Have electric now and HAAAATTEEE it.

Comment

Gas is much better than electric. If you are not able to run gas easily, get an induction electric cooktop not the same as gas but it’s much better than typical electric cooktop and ranges.

Comment

My house is all electric. After Harvey we went with the induction type cook top it is unbelievable what it will do. It cooks very good and you can even get one that you can sous vide cook on. It will boil a small pot of water in less than a minute. If you have room look into frigid air professional fridge and freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsailfish View Post
                        My house is all electric. After Harvey we went with the induction type cook top it is unbelievable what it will do. It cooks very good and you can even get one that you can sous vide cook on. It will boil a small pot of water in less than a minute. If you have room look into frigid air professional fridge and freezer.
                        Thank you. I will look into this

Comment

gas. electric takes to long to heat up IMO

Comment

gas. electric takes to long to heat up IMO.......not true with the new induction type cook top. They also heat the bottom of the pan up evenly, they also regulate the temp very good so if you put something cold into hot oil it keeps the oil at the temp you are cooking at very well

Comment

Also, I had a spice rack made that I really like. It is a pull out type and holds lots of spices. We also have no cabinet doors on the lower cabinets, only deep drawers and it is a lot better in my opinion. Here is a picture of the spice Rack
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X