Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you allowed to hunt corps property at lake texoma??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you allowed to hunt corps property at lake texoma??

I talked to a gentleman today that owns land that backs up to texamo corps of engineer land. He said you are allowed to bowhunt it. It is not too far from hagerman. I know at ray roberts your are not allowed to bowhunt corps land. Does anyone know if this is true. thanks

When I was stationed in Dallas Navel Air station we used to hunt there. But I think it was shepards air force land that we hunted.

Comment

PM sent, Phil.

Texoma is archery, shotgun and centerfire rifle public land and free. Ray Roberts is TPWD WMA, requires the $48 APH permit and is archery only for hogs.

Comment

To expand on the Texoma Corp property discussion, not all Corp land around the lake is open for hunting. The Corp publishes a guide that shows a map of what areas around the lake are open for hunting. It gets a tremendous amount of pressure, but it is a free place to hunt. No permits necessary. Deer hunting is archery only and archery & crossbow only during general season. There is no rifle or shotgun deer hunting allowed in Grayson County. You can hunt other stuff with guns on the corp land. Pressure is going to get worse on the remaining hunting areas soon because the corp is about to lease the largest piece of hunting land on the lake to the City of Denison so they can sublease it to a developer who is going to turn it into golf courses, boat ramps, parks and the private land around it into subdivisions.

Comment

Link to hunting map of Lake Texoma COE land.

Comment

What do I need to hunt public land. Archery deer
            And other things

Comment

So you don't have to have any paper work other then the normal you need to hunt ( license and huters ed) to hunt texoma deer?

Comment

As far as I know that is correct. Just license and hunters ed. It is bow only for deer and hogs. I believe shotguns with shot 3 and under for birds in season. Look it up though or just call the corp of engineers office at Denison Dam.

There is a lot of hunting pressure at the corp land. I have hunted out there for about 4 years and only seen a few deer while hunting. The deer have been well educated over the years.
                I know other guys who have had good luck out there over the years.

Good luck to ya!

Comment

I can't understand why they don't allow archery deer at Ray Roberts

Comment

LOL at the # of views versus the # of posts on this thread

Comment

Ain't no deer in Grayson co.

Comment

Working...
                      X