South of town

10-4. I grew up in greenvine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
      10-4. I grew up in greenvine.

I know it well. What little there is.
      I bet you got out of there as fast as you could.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
        I know it well. What little there is.

I bet you got out of there as fast as you could.

Lol no. It suits me just fine. Not much on towns. Hell Brenham is too big for me now

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          Crazy. Aubrey got 4.5 in cat spring, you got 2.5 in new ulm, BL got 1.5 in Burton, and we got 5/8 by the lake

They always get more to the east it seems. I will say too, it seems we tend to get quite a bit more than yall. Even though not much further south, it sure seems we get more of the gulf moisture.

Comment

Sitting in the truck now. Waiting on this blob of rain to move out before I head to the stand.

At least it finally feels like deer season. My truck is saying 53 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
              Sitting in the truck now. Waiting on this blob of rain to move out before I head to the stand.

At least it finally feels like deer season. My truck is saying 53 degrees.
              Hope you got some acorns near by. Deer are piling up on them right now.
              Good luck.

Comment

I've got a big live oak about 50 yards away from my stand. My Dad threw some corn out last Thursday and some of it was still on the ground this afternoon.

I saw a doe mid-day yesterday and two bucks yesterday evening. I sat for a few hours late this morning and saw a coyote. No rutting activity from what I saw.

Comment

Did a late morning sit today and saw two does right off the bat. Nothing else after that. Had a nice surprise on the trail camera too. Looks like the right main beam after the G4 is broken off, but I'll still take him if I have to
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Wife and I sat this evening. Didn’t see anything before she had to pee.

Comment

Action on the trail camera has been slow the last few weeks. I guess all the acorns have them held up in the woods.

Comment

We’ve had good action on our cameras starting about 7:15.

Comment

Nice buck JM. Im hoping deer activity for us will start to pick up. Got the cams out just a waiting game. Did see a buck and another deer Saturday morning. Had I been 10 seconds slower to come around the corner they would have been in our place. But they saw me coming and turned back.

Comment

Things oughtta start getting real good later this week. Youngsters been chasing for 2 weeks. Mature bucks are starting to move during daylight hours. Had a 5 year old locked on a doe yesterday morning. New bucks are showing up on camera. Does and bucks are working scrapes.

Comment

Sunday evening the bucks were moving good. Saw 4 bucks and watched two bucks fight pretty good for about 2-3 minutes. 1 buck was 15-16” 8 pt. Also almost hit a buck on 389 as it was slowly walking across the road. Could have cared less about my truck. The rut is real close and right on time.

Comment

I'll be in Bellville this weekend with my son for youth weekend...I'm hoping that they're under the oaks enjoying the acorns. Not sure how the weather will effect all of that. I wasn't able to be with him last year for his first buck, it sure would be nice if they cooperate this year for us

Comment

Working...
                                X