No announcement yet.

Its Killing Time In East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son shot at a big mature 8 on a corn pile at 6:45 yesterday afternoon. The seat wasn't high enough and he shot through the velcro on the blind window. First mature buck to show up for either of us in daylight. He showed back up last night so guessing he wasn't spooked too bad.

Last edited by EastTx; 10-09-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      My son shot at a big mature 8 on a corn pile at 6:45 yesterday afternoon. The seat wasn't high enough and he shot through the velcro on the blind window. First mature buck to show up for either of us in daylight. He showed back up last night so guessing he wasn't spooked too bad.

Go get him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When The Master speaks....I will obey

Comment

Went yesterday and Put an arrow in two hogs. Guess the squealing and madness didn’t spook the deer, doe showed back up right after that. I’ll be back out Saturday morning.

Comment

I just climbed down... I had a young buck 10 yds from me this morning but there was hardly a fresh track to be seen since the rain early this morning on my half mile walk out. The wind couldn't decide which way it wanted to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              ...I have the largest target list of my life. Surely something will mess up.
              Conditions have been great for antler growth in many parts of TX this year...good rainfall totals spread out just right.

It could be a banner year for big deer harvest in the state!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                I just climbed down... I had a young buck 10 yds from me this morning but there was hardly a fresh track to be seen since the rain early this morning on my half mile walk out. The wind couldn't decide which way it wanted to blow.

You got out during prime time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                  When The Master speaks....I will obey
                  This..GG knows his stuff. The next two weeks are money.

Comment

Ok folks I dont usually make this prediction this early In Oct but I'm going out on a limb right now. I think it's going to happen.
                    We are a week past the full moon. We have some moisture coming a decent little front Friday night. I'm going to say it's time to get serious about shooting one. We had a couple of early does come in heat yesterday.

Yep... im calling it. I see the writing on the wall. Someone
                    is gonna stick a whopper between now and tuesday.
                    I would believe the GURU if I was yall.....lol! I could not get out this weekend but need to try later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      I would believe the GURU if I was yall.....lol! I could not get out this weekend but need to try later this week.
                      The guru feels like poo poo today. I stuck and lost a really nice deer this morning. Absolutely no explanation for loosing him

Comment

If you need a dog I've got 2 right here in Grapeland.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                          If you need a dog I've got 2 right here in Grapeland.

Well that's good to know. Can you PM me your number? I generally need one a couple times per year around here.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                              PM sent.

If you dont mind, ill take a pm of your number as well. I needed a local dog last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The guru feels like poo poo today. I stuck and lost a really nice deer this morning. Absolutely no explanation for loosing him
                                Very sorry to hear that. The only deer I ever lost was a nice non-typical back in 1989. I learned well from my mistake and have not lost an animal since, but that one still hurts to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X