No announcement yet.

Who Feeds Medicated Protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the benefits, and overall herd health. But, what amazes me is the number of hunters that like the idea of eating non-medicated meat. Then they medicate the meat. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
      I understand the benefits, and overall herd health. But, what amazes me is the number of hunters that like the idea of eating non-medicated meat. Then they medicate the meat. Lol.

What’s really amazing is nobody that has medicated here has said they only like non-medicated meat.

Comment

Picked up a ton of gold today ay L&E in Llano.

Comment

Does medicated protein require a vet prescription?

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
            Does medicated protein require a vet prescription?

Not the wormer version. It’s available at the feed stores for anybody.

Comment

I never heard of this, but it sound like you are adding protein. Correct ?

Comment

tagged

Comment

Saved for later

Comment

Just put out a ton this morning.

Comment

Y'all keep us posted with results. Those of you who are using it. Watch your weight this summer and see of you notice a difference this fall, also in antler growth...

Comment

Who Feeds Medicated Protein?

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Y'all keep us posted with results. Those of you who are using it. Watch your weight this summer and see of you notice a difference this fall, also in antler growth...

So far my deer are mowing it down at my two Covert monitored feeders .... glad to see they are still eating it with the change of feed (albeit subtle) and the place greening up so well ...

Comment

Hey Mexico have ya'll ever tried the feed from Santa Maria in Piedras Negras? He can put medicated in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                            Hey Mexico have ya'll ever tried the feed from Santa Maria in Piedras Negras?
                            No sir but I know several who do and have had great results! I believe it's a good feed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to deworm my deer every yr back in 2005 to 2014. I kind of got away from doing it because I didn’t think it had much impact. Killed some good bucks those yrs in the 80s up to 200”. Just put out 200# per feeder over ten feeders.
                              Hopefully will see some improvement overall.
                              Will let you know how it works out.

Comment

Bumping this one back up top. From what I have read you guys typically go round 2 for medicated is September correct? We have 8 2000lb protein feeders that we run year round. I am having a hard time finding anything with wormer in the pan handle. Is there any other pellets possibly for sheep or goats that I could use? Also I believe 4-5 bags per satiation are adequate correct?
                                Any feed back is appreciated.
                                Brad

Comment

Working...
                                X