HS Mascot State Championship!! Vote!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Campbell has been hosting a “best hs mascot” tournament and we are down to the finals!!!

New Braunfels UNICORNS
    Vs
    San Antonio Lanier VOKS

I’m a 92 NBHS grad, so I’m biased.
    But we got David v Goliath here and SA news stations are out rallying the population to support the SA team.

I’m askin y’all to not only vote for NB, but share the link on Facebook and help me drum up support for my alma mater.

Being a Unicorn meant something not that long ago.
    Being a unicorn meant having pride in what you do, having integrity, being honest, winning with class, not only winning...which we did a bunch, but also being good sportsmen. You may beat us, but you’re gonna leave with a limp and be thankful for the win and we will see you next year, and we will shake your hand and congratulate you on the victory. Thats losing with grace. That’s what the unicorn mascot represents.

Let's settle the debate of which Texas high school football team has the best mascot. We present to you the Texas High School Football Mascot Madness presented by Texas Farm Bureau Insurance!

Please go vote.
    Facebook link in article.

This is David V Goliath

NB vs SA

They’re runnin the story in SA to get votes for Lanier.

Help out and vote and share and get others to vote!

Comment

Gainin on em!!!
      Started out 36% vs 64%

We got em whittled down to 49% v 51%

Got em on their heels!

Hope y’all are out voting bc we gained on em huge today!!!

Comment

You are definitely biased because while unique, (and I hope you win since there are just the two of you left), Unicorns is just a HORRIBLE mascot. But I really do wish you luck!!

My favorite in Texas is the Hutto Hippos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curt, Don't forget the Robstown Cottonpickers

Comment

I graduated high school in Idaho not Texas, but I am an Orofino Maniac '72.

Comment

My Favorite is the Itasca Wampus Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                My Favorite is the Itasca Wampus Cats!!!
                They should've one the moment this contest started! I had no idea they existed but that is the best mascot by far.

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching the Itasca Wampus Cats play the Grandview Zebras one Friday night. Quite the match up of Texas high school mascots.

Comment

Not trying to be rude at all but how the heck did the Unicorns and VOKS make it to the finals? Did they possibly misname the contest? I can think of about 50 that are better than either of those. Wampus Cats and Cottonpickers definitely should be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post

New Braunfels UNICORNS
                      Vs
                      San Antonio Lanier VOKS

I’m a 92 NBHS grad, so I’m biased.
                      82 Unicorn grad here

Comment

What's wrong with Mesquite Skeeters?

Comment

Central Catholic Buttons

Comment

Gainin on em!!!

And of course I’m biased!

If you did HS right you should 100% believe your mascot was the best.

Being a unicorn actually meant something to older grads.
                            It went way beyond a mascot.
                            It was a mindset.

They talk growth mindset in education.
                            Like it’s something new.
                            When you failed at something when I went to school, the teacher would ask, “how do unicorns handle that?” And you got up and kept working at it. You tried harder, you studied more. Whatever you needed to do. But you improved. Growth mindset.

They talk building relationships in schools. Like it’s this new concept. We called it tough love. We learned discipline, respect, integrity, friendship. Why? Why were they tough on us?? Because they loved us first. Learning came after that was established. That was the unicorn way.

We learned that from kindergarten on up.
                            We wore blue on fridays. Every Friday.
                            We sang the fight song at the end of the day on Friday, K-12. Every Friday.

Being a Unicorn was how you raised your kids, how you interacted, a way of life.

Each part of the animal symbolized those virtues, be it the horn, the lion tail, etc.

Lots of alumni remember that and it still means something.

We’re gainin on em too [emoji41]
                            49-51%

Make fun of the mascot.
                            It’s cool.
                            I understand the glitter and rainbow swirl poop images. That ain’t it. Not if you grew up knowing what it really stands for. [emoji106]

Now go vote [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                              Central Catholic Buttons
                              Hey Lab Man - are you an alum, or just looking up mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X