Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better keep your tractor.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like I probably should have someone do the heavier clearing but most of what I need it for a ZT should be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Sometimes the bush can get a couple feet high.

Will a Zero turn be adequate?

I want to stay at $3-$4K I can stretch it to $5 if I have to.
        If your brush may have rocks and large sticks in it I'd say no.

I have a cheap stamped deck zero turn and anything large that's hit will break a spindle, pull the spindle out of the deck or bend the deck.

I've already replaced the deck once.

I have a 72" flail on my tractor but sometimes it's hard to resist getting into the rough stuff on the zero turn.

If you do use a cheap zero turn in the rough stuff it's no good for the lawn. The deck will get tweaked and the blades won't cut level.

Comment

Get a 2-3k small tractor with a brush hog. Do what you need to get it maintainable, and then sell it. I use my ferris zero turn for my 2 acres that I mow once or twice a year. But its just 2 1/2- 3 foot of grass with the occasional sapling around 1" in diameter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            Get a 2-3k small tractor with a brush hog. Do what you need to get it maintainable, and then sell it. I use my ferris zero turn for my 2 acres that I mow once or twice a year. But its just 2 1/2- 3 foot of grass with the occasional sapling around 1" in diameter.

I am at that point now really. All the major clearing has been done. Now it's mostly just maintenance mowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              I am at that point now really. All the major clearing has been done. Now it's mostly just maintenance mowing.
              Just mow it a little more often than you would with the tractor and you'll be fine.

Comment

You can, like other said you just have to mow it 2 or 3 times with the ZT. I mowed some 3 foot stuff in part of the yard I decided not to mow last year, but then didn't like the way it looked. For grass only
                Last edited by BrianL; 04-14-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

we have a pull behind "brush hog" for our lease we hook up to the side by side it works great for saplings up to 1-2 inches may be a better option... we picked it up fairly cheap used.

Comment

You CAN cut THICK grass up to a foot or so... cutting 3 times and different levels. My current largest mower is a 21hp diesel Kubota, but, I've owned Dixie Choppers up to their very largest. I'd never use ANY of mine as a replacement for a bush hog. They aren't designed for it and, in the end, you'll blow a head gasket....or.....destroy the cutting unit, etc

Comment

Bought this instead

Comment

Good choice on getting the Tractor. It will last you a lifetime taken care of properly. I have a couple of kubotas, one of them being 41=years old this year that I bought used in 2002. Congrats on your purchase.
                        Last edited by tps7742; 05-03-2020, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          Good choice on getting the Tractor. It will last you a lifetime taken care of properly. I have a couple of kubotas, one of them being 41=years old this year that I bought used in 2002. Congrats on your purchase.
                          it is orange but its not a Kubota.
                          Kioti CK2610

Comment

Working...
                          X