Crux Suppressors is Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBomb05 View Post
    The damage is the typical Crux outer tube split, top to bottom, right through the logo/tube stamp. I’m aware that this repair would require a new tube and a new stamp.....I was told by F1 that the repair would be covered under warranty and that my can was being worked on. It then shows up on my doorstep in the same condition that I sent to them for repairs along with the letter rinsing their hands of Crux and my repair. I would gladly pay for the second stamp and the ATF wait to have my can repaired.

Yeah, you definitely need a new can, and it definitely sounds like they dropped the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
      I’m also going to leave some true, but unpopular advice; don’t skimp on NFA purchases. Buy once, cry once. Collecting class 3 items is not for the budget minded or focused person. Stick with proven brands like SilencerCo, Dead Air, Energetic Armament, CGS group, and Surefire. All are proven many times over, perform excellent, and have excellent warranties. I personally have a silencerCo Saker 762 that has seen more rounds of full auto fire than most people will shoot in a life time from their run of the mill AR’s and bolt guns. I’ve had it glowing red before. The blast baffle has no erosion, and is an incredibly good sounding suppressor. No POI change, no issues. You truly do get what you pay for in this hobby.

Who is energetic armament? Never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Who is energetic armament? Never heard of them.

Maker of some of the quietest stuff currently on the market.

Engineering the finest weapon systems and components, Energetic Armament integrates first-in-class materials and performance with proven sound attenuation technologies for centerfire and rimfire silencers and suppressors

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Back in the day, I said to run from these people.

Hope you didn't buy anything Crux made

Decent summary:
          Guy works in downhole tool drilling industry. Fancies himself an engineer (he's not). Hears buzzwords in his industry about metallurgy and welding (he's not a metallurgist, materials scientist, welding expert, or structural engineer). Applies said buzzwords to product marketing. Has poor grasp of physics, gas flow, material science, and basic honesty. Tells dealers and consumers his silencers are awesome and better than everything else, because "reasons." Builds silencers that fail due to stress concentrations resulting from thin tube cross section near engraving. Lies about failure reason and uses same industry buzzwords he learned in the oil field. Sponsors a bunch of PRS shooter to create buzz. Continues to poop on other companies without any failure analysis data or actual engineering knowledge. Real engineers call him out. Sheep still buy his silencers. Guy gets on FB talking about how SiCo and AAC are spying on him and he knew they were doing wire tapping.

Fast forward to July 2019, and the company gets sold and ol' boy gets kicked out. October 2019 they partner to F1 Firearms. Turns out they couldn't stop the bleeding.
          man this is not what i want to read especially after waiting almost a year now for my first suppressor which is a Crux Ark Neo
          i thought i did my research and it definitely wasn't the cheap route when i ordered it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBomb05 View Post
            The damage is the typical Crux outer tube split, top to bottom, right through the logo/tube stamp. I’m aware that this repair would require a new tube and a new stamp.....I was told by F1 that the repair would be covered under warranty and that my can was being worked on.
            One of the major issues is that someone at Crux is getting jammed up by the ATF for making new tubes with the old serial numbers. That is a big no-no in the NFA world.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
              Sounds like more Q nonsense.
              Why do you not like Q?

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                Why do you not like Q?
                Because he sh1ts all over everyone else in this industry?
                Because he violently stalked his wife, resulting in a felony arrest?
                Because he claims his products are superior without providing any actual data?

Idk. What’s not to like about a guy like that?

Comment

And he doesn’t know how to properly weld titanium, and his cans show significant blast baffle erosion only a thousand rounds in, and he just all around sucks.

Comment

Glad I saw this I was going to buy one at a great price + Stamp

Comment

Ouch!!

I have a buddy with 4 of their cans

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Kevin is a character that is for sure. That aside, my experience with Q cans has been fantastic. Light weight and great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Norseman View Post
                          And he doesn’t know how to properly weld titanium, and his cans show significant blast baffle erosion only a thousand rounds in, and he just all around sucks.
                          I haven't had any blast baffle erosion yet. Probably 3K .223 rounds and 1K 6.5 grendel rounds out of 12" barrels on both. Probably 500 rounds on a 16" .308. Admittedly, haven't had it long. I should be at over 10K .223 count towards the end of the year. Was that a specific batch of Q cans that experienced weld issues or blast baffle erosion after 1K rounds? Hoping I don't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                            I haven't had any blast baffle erosion yet. Probably 3K .223 rounds and 1K 6.5 grendel rounds out of 12" barrels on both. Probably 500 rounds on a 16" .308. Admittedly, haven't had it long. I should be at over 10K .223 count towards the end of the year. Was that a specific batch of Q cans that experienced weld issues or blast baffle erosion after 1K rounds? Hoping I don't have any issues.
                            Ive seen baffle erosion from only a handful of FA mag dumps in one of his cans. Personally that makes no difference to me as ill never support anything KB in the slightest, but the baffle erosion issue is real.

Comment

I purchased a Neo30 just before Christmas but didnt' submit my paperwork. I found the split issues, customer support issues and F1 purchase on line. I got cold feet and returned it for another Q - Full Nelson. Looks like I got lucky and potentially dodged a bullet! I didn't know KB was such a DB but have enjoyed the other Full Nelson I own. I use them on bolt action hunting rifles and hope I don't experience the erosion issues outlined above.

Comment

Hooray for me buying SiCo.

Thanks for the heads up 35Rem

Comment

Working...
                                X