Kansas duck hunt 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas duck hunt 2019

Well its scheduled, myself and 2 buddies are leaving the first part of December for a DIY public land duck hunt. We are planning on being there for 2 weeks. No set plan just see where we end up. We have a few spots to hit but the rest is open. This is my first time so if you have any pointers Im all ears. Not asking for your secret spots just asking for guidance or tips from those with experience. Yall have a good weekend and good luck in the stand or on the water!!!

What area of Kansas? Hit the local hardware store and coffee shops, ask about water sheds to hunt on.

My mounts from 2 years ago Kansas duck hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Planning on just starting South East and working our way up unless a better plan comes up. Nice mounts also. Hope to have a couple myself.

Comment

Im interested in doing this myself too. Let us know how it goes

Comment

Sure will. I will try and keep it live as much as possible when we go.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
            Planning on just starting South East and working our way up unless a better plan comes up. Nice mounts also. Hope to have a couple myself.

Areas around Eureka is where we were. Nice river and lots of watersheds in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother just got back from up there. Think he hunted around Great Bend(Central Ks), place called Cheyenne Bottoms.
              Also, do a search. Some of the lakes up there have cabins you can rent. Might be a lot cheaper than a motel room.

Comment

Awesome guys thank you. We are looking forward to it. Hopefully an annual trip. We just don't get the birds down here in our area like we used to.

Comment

Do what all the guides do. Drive around and look for birds. When you find them you need the app that shows land owners but they figure out who owns said land and calls them up and asks to lease it for the day/weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Do what all the guides do. Drive around and look for birds. When you find them you need the app that shows land owners but they figure out who owns said land and calls them up and asks to lease it for the day/weekend.
                    Interesting!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, being our first time we will probably need all the luck we can get lol.

Comment

Its a lot different up there than down here. If you put in the work and scout scout scout you can find the X and just set up and smash them. I was serious about what I was saying. I have ridden with guides up there scouting and that's what they do after every hunt. Drive around looking for birds. When they find a good feed they find out who owns it and try to lease it for the day or few days. Now there are some spots that they have leased for the year and go to a bunch but they look and lease new stuff up daily. Again good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

MarkV I really appreciate the help. Something I may consider and give it a try. Whats the worse that could happen, they say no lol. Some good info. Thanks

I have a case of number 3s from here. Should those work fine or should I get some 2s?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              My brother just got back from up there. Think he hunted around Great Bend(Central Ks), place called Cheyenne Bottoms.
                              Also, do a search. Some of the lakes up there have cabins you can rent. Might be a lot cheaper than a motel room.
                              Talked to him last night and he said they tore them up. Already planning next years trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X