Rut Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut Mason

Need a current field report on rut activity in Mason. We typically hit around 10 days from now, but checking in, as I’m hearing different reports. I know there may be other related treads but I’m trying to get latest info not buried on back pages. What you got.

Buddy of mine just finished a week long hunt this morning in Mason. He just texted and said rut is in full swing and saw a big buck "connect" this morning. I'll be at my place in Doss in a few hours and I'll report any activity I see there

Comment

Ok. Thanks, keep me posted. I heard similar. I’m surprised as well this early. Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        Buddy of mine just finished a week long hunt this morning in Mason. He just texted and said rut is in full swing and saw a big buck "connect" this morning. I'll be at my place in Doss in a few hours and I'll report any activity I see there
        What part of Doss are you in, I used to hunt there down the road from the
        GhostRanch I believe it was called, Not that far from the country store.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
          What part of Doss are you in, I used to hunt there down the road from the

GhostRanch I believe it was called, Not that far from the country store.
          I pass White Ghost Ranch on the way to my place. Go down Salt Branch Loop a ways I'm off of Link Rd

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool area I loved it out there. I hunted on the Icke’s Place For five years, until they move out there then it was all over with LOL sure miss those fish fry Septembers. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
              Ok. Thanks, keep me posted. I heard similar. I’m surprised as well this early. Any others?
              Sorry op, didn’t mean to take over your thread good luck on your rut mission.

Comment

We hunt in Mason and it seems to be on, we were there last weekend and I seen 3 bucks chasing one doe across a pasture. My buddies got there yesterday and they said hardly anything is hitting the feeders.

Comment

Buddy of mine has been on or ranch in Mason all week and text me Wednesday saying they were running crazy every day.

Comment

Keep me coming. I was up last weekend and it was slow also with nothing coming to corn.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                      I pass White Ghost Ranch on the way to my place. Go down Salt Branch Loop a ways I'm off of Link Rd

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      My aunt and her family own land at salt branch and Hilda. Love it down there

Comment

I did some rattling last weekend west of Mason. I had some luck, but did not think they were in full swing.

My guess is the next few weeks will be great.

Comment

its on in medina county

Comment

Y'all around Doss hunt by the church in Hilda? Will be there tonight, hunting in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
                              Keep me coming. I was up last weekend and it was slow also with nothing coming to corn.
                              It all broke loose Monday morning before that front! Deer everywhere from daylight to dark!

Comment

Working...
                              X