No announcement yet.

Best "RUT" Approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are not seeing anything sitting, change it up and make some noise.

Comment

My old place was covered up with doe's.I always sat where I could see the furthest,and glassed.You'd wear yourself out rattling.Even the lil' bucks would laugh at me.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

If they are rutting get away from the feeders and hunt the does. Find scrape and rub line, set up and enjoy. Grunt, doe bleat, snort wheeze.......

Comment

I’ve always been scared to grunt, rattle or make any type of noise. But I think that will change. Tuesday morning I seen a deer about 75yrdd off that got spooked by a hog & blew for what seemed like forever. About 15 minutes later I hit the Primos bleat can 3 times then waited about 2 minutes & then hit the grunt. About 10 minutes later I had a young 6 point come running in & I thought he was gonna run over me. He walked off, did the same sequence & 5 minutes later he came back with a big 9 point following him. They came directly behind so I couldn’t get a shot off on the 9 point. I was sitting in a clump of yopons with my air rifle & could turn around to get the gun up. So I’ll be calling the next time I’m in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X