Levi-Bowlife TV big deer Cactus Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Texas
    No one in Texas or anywhere else in the country sees a 180+ deer killed in this state and thinks, that’s a hell of a native born and raised off mother natures bounty buck.
    Sure there are a hand full of exceptions where a true native buck got old eating what nature provides and got past 170. It’s no surprise and can’t blame anyone for doubting the validity of any buck that big.

Comment

I feel like the wrong thing is highlighted in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
        I could have this ranch confused with another, but from what I was told is that yes it is in fact considered low fence, but with a kicker. Three sides high fenced with a mile or so low. The portion that is low fenced they are selling gravel / crush rock along the highway so there is lots of activity with little deer movement. My apologies if I have this confused with another property.

And I have nothing against HF since I am hunting one.
        It’s a couple of miles on 83 , and I never been inside only over the top in a small plane but I don’t think it’s HF on some neighbors like George straight?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          wonder how old that deer is?

Comment

I've killed many high fence deer and even more low fence deer and not once was I confused as to what I did. He claimed low fence because he wanted to avoid the stigma associated with high fences. Looking for loopholes to declare it low fence is misleading and he knows it, as we do.

By the way, TBGA does recognize high fence deer.

Comment

Every ranch in that dot of soutg tx kills monster bucks and have naturally produced deer over 220". The CJ just has more of them bc their density is unreal. Alot of the ranches in that area have large fields and irrigated plots. So those plots plus an insane amount of protein can help accomodate the high density. The previous owners where killing monsters as well, they just didnt promote it like Wascom does. He is a deer nut, above and beyond what most could ever comprehend.

And the part that is low fenced, is probably the riskiest portion of fence for them to take down. The other fence lines are mostly made up of incrediable neighbors who manage deer the same way.

Comment

The question I'm pondering now is.....Is it high fence if the whole thing isn't fenced, or does any amount of high fence make it a 'high fence property'. My initial thought is that if the deer have ample opportunity to travel on and off the property, then it is not a 'high fence property', just low fence with some high fences I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Thank you.

Comment

This reminds me of the old saying about being a little bit pregnant. Either you are or you aren’t.

Comment

Their website sounds like they're Texas Big Game Awards "Low Fence" eligible:

Our track record for producing giant native white-tail is unmatched. The ranch has produced 16 bucks with gross B&C scores over 200" with the largest buck we have ever harvested breaking the 230" mark. And last season our top 18 bucks had an average score of 177" with one typical and one non-typical making the top 10 in the prestigious low fence, state-wide Texas Big Game Award program.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                        wonder how old that deer is?
                        no doubt

Comment

Its definitely a nice deer. If its fenced on 3 sides and bounded by a highway that has high fence on the other side, for practical purposes that's high fenced. It may not be "stocked" with breeder bucks, but it affords the ability to manage the deer in a way that any low fence ever could.

However, I think its a great deer, and I wish I could afford to go to such a place. Levi seems like a great guy, and I have no issue with the deer or if it was shot behind high fence or not, but it does make me raise my eyebrows. I'm a human, I have reactions to things I see and hear, that's normal. Like I raised them over the whole Bowmars pleading guilty and Levi being in business with them. I'm not judging, but if I didn't have a reaction to it one way or another I wouldn't be human. Even dismissing things is a reaction.
                          Last edited by Loneaggie; 12-02-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            This reminds me of the old saying about being a little bit pregnant. Either you are or you aren’t.
                            Lol. If I remember right you own a high fence place. What's your take on it. Would you consider it low fence? I've hunted high fence so I'm not knocking him but I believe it's misleading at best

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

First Liver King, now Levi... Lol

Comment

By definition it is not high fenced because one side is low fenced and deer can leave. It does not matter if there is a road and the property across the road is fenced. Why do y’all care soooo much. He killed a big buck and it came from a low fence pasture! Either you’re jealous or you feel inferior or something to worry about why they can grow big deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X