Austin Protestor Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
    Interesting. Article I read a few minutes ago said shooter was in custody.
    5:30 PM news said other wise Both questioned and released with out charges at this time Who knows for sure? Being Austin the driver will be charged either right or wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin View Post
      5:30 PM news said other wise Both questioned and released with out charges at this time Who knows for sure? Being Austin the driver will be charged either right or wrong
      I would think if he was arrested his name would be released.

Comment

A Black Lives Matter protest in the streets of downtown Austin turned violent when, Garrett Foster, who was armed with an AK-47, was killed amid an armed standoff with a driver, who shot and killed him while being confronted by protesters.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I

Also, why did the guy with the AK only shoot 5 times? I think he needed a bigger magazine. Dumbass.

He recently moved from California?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He deserved what he got. He cranked off 5 rounds at pretty much point blank range and missed. He has no idea where those 5 rounds went or who he might have hit. Just another ******bag that thinks a gun makes him tough. The interview with him earlier in the evening says all you need to know about his punk ***.

The narrative has already started. He was pushing his girlfriend in a wheel chair. He wasn't pointing his gun at anyone. He helped little old ladies across the street. He volunteered at the children's hospital. He loved puppies and flowers...

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
              He deserved what he got. He cranked off 5 rounds at pretty much point blank range and missed. He has no idea where those 5 rounds went or who he might have hit. Just another ******bag that thinks a gun makes him tough. The interview with him earlier in the evening says all you need to know about his punk ***.

The narrative has already started. He was pushing his girlfriend in a wheel chair. He wasn't pointing his gun at anyone. He helped little old ladies across the street. He volunteered at the children's hospital. He loved puppies and flowers...
              Not taking up for the guy but the story has changed as per Austin police.
              He was not a shooter See prior posts

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Is there a go fund me page set up? For any legal fees the straight shooter might incur.

There’s one I saw for the protestor / beneficiaries. And it’s up to $108,500.

The video of the car running the light pretty aggressively isn’t going to play well for their case. Sad to see all this happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is going to take a bit to get the facts - that is certain. These people are forcing people into a no win situation. Defend yourself and you're wrong, drive away and hit someone that has put themselves in harms way and you're wrong. This is not cool. I am fed up with this non-sense.

Comment

Not taking up for the guy but the story has changed as per Austin police.
                    He was not a shooter See prior posts
                    The original video presents different facts. The first shots are distinct long rifle rounds, not a handgun muffled from the inside of a car

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      The original video presents different facts. The first shots are distinct long rifle rounds, not a handgun muffled from the inside of a car

I completely agree

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Facts would be shell cases found not shot noise Time will sort this out
                        Quite confusing now on all info reporting Hoping the driver is in the right here
                        but its a shame all this crap and death is by blm

Comment

Facts would be shell cases found not shot noise Time will sort this out
                          Quite confusing now on all info reporting Hoping the driver is in the right here
                          but its a shame all this crap and death is by blm
                          She’ll casings won’t tell the order in which they were fired. Eye witnesses (protestors) are staying the driver shot 1st. A 3rd person shot a rifle at the car as it drove away. The video does not seem to support that.

Comment

I read this somewhere so don't know how true it is. The guy in the car shot 5 times and hit the protester with 3 of the shots. Another protester drew a gun and shot at the car when the car was driving away.

Comment

Even if the initial reports are incorrect about him firing off several rounds, I still have no sympathy for him. It's easy to find his "interview" from earlier that evening. Based on his own statements, he appears to be one of those guys that thought a gun made him a ******.

"Manley said the driver and several witnesses told police Foster approached the driver side window of the vehicle and pointed an assault rifle at the driver."

Manley in this case is Brian Manley, Austin Police Chief. I would venture to say that there isn't a person on this forum that wouldn't react the same way the driver did if someone came up to your vehicle window with a rifle pointed at you.

To play Devil's Advocate, shell casings can be kicked, run over, or even picked up. In that type of crowd, shot noise will be a whole lot more indicative of what happened. Based on the shot noise, someone fired several rounds before the driver fired.

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                                Even if the initial reports are incorrect about him firing off several rounds, I still have no sympathy for him. It's easy to find his "interview" from earlier that evening. Based on his own statements, he appears to be one of those guys that thought a gun made him a ******.

"Manley said the driver and several witnesses told police Foster approached the driver side window of the vehicle and pointed an assault rifle at the driver."

Manley in this case is Brian Manley, Austin Police Chief. I would venture to say that there isn't a person on this forum that wouldn't react the same way the driver did if someone came up to your vehicle window with a rifle pointed at you.

To play Devil's Advocate, shell casings can be kicked, run over, or even picked up. In that type of crowd, shot noise will be a whole lot more indicative of what happened. Based on the shot noise, someone fired several rounds before the driver fired.
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X