Book Recommendation: The Lure of the Labrador Wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Recommendation: The Lure of the Labrador Wild

This book is outstanding. I saw a quick reference to it on another thread or heard about it on a podcast...not sure. But I glad I wrote a note to check it out.

An amazingly detailed journal/narrative of survival that includes lots of fishing, hunting, navigation, canoeing, and fight for survival. Three gents try to explore parts of Labrador that no white men had ever seen and they take a few wrong turns (understatement). Took place in 1903 I believe. But book reads well with mostly modern language.

Here's a link to some free versions. The HTML link is good for reading it on a computer. I got the kindle version. If you're an outdoorsman, you will love it.

Free kindle book and epub digitized and proofread by volunteers.

Here's a link to the free audio file if you're into listening. Click the MP3 link on the right side:

LibriVox recording of The Lure of the Labrador Wild by Dillon Wallace. Read by Tom Weiss The Lure Of The Labrador Wild is a account of a expedition by...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Chew, love a good book!

Comment

Got it! Thanks. One of the women on Alone mentioned it on the episode i was watching last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
        Got it! Thanks. One of the women on Alone mentioned it on the episode i was watching last night.
        That was it! I watched that episode as well. Was driving me crazy where I heard that from.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation...always looking for my next read.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Sounds like a great book. I have never listened audio book before, might have to change that.

Comment

Working...
              X