I gotta vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Maybe you unknowingly gave him the impression during the original conversation that the hunt would be sooner than later? He got excited, told family and friends and purchased some gear etc etc...only to now think he was duped.
    Not saying his text was appropriate, but you may have lifted him out of the dumps with the gesture and after that much time with just a text here and there he fell back in.

Anyways good on your part for the offer and sorry to hear it turned sour.

Originally yep, I was going to go sooner but as the virus came, we weren’t allowed to take time off so I told him it wouldn’t be anytime soon. I was VERY forthcoming with the schedule and explained I’d get with him as soon as things slowed down and I was able to go and take him. I hadn’t felt the need to constantly reassure him as I figured he understood I’d call when I got the time. At least that’s how I would have felt. Then again if someone offers me something for free, I don’t pester them about it or need reassurance. If it happens it happens. If it doesn’t well then it was free so......eh. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Be thankful his true side came out early!! I wouldn't let the guy steal one more ounce of your joy.

I'm with you on this.

Comment

You know in your heart your intent. Do not let this guy's actions rattle you.
        People will let you down all the time. This one was a stranger who showed his hand early. Maybe it is better that y'all never got together.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
          Y’all crack me up. I didn’t “end the hunt” he did when he wrote “you win.....goodbye”.

I may have still taken him had he written and apologized. But in my book, as a female, if you’re not man enough to admit when you’ve screwed up then you don’t deserve the spot someone else could be taking that can admit when they’re wrong. I’m very much a stand up kinda woman and readily look for opportunities to be a better person so when he said that it hit below the belt.

The list of good folks that want to go is LOOOOONG and I take people very often. I’ll pick another but I’ll wait until I’ve actually got the time before I do so. That way this doesn’t happen. There are already people I’ve got lined up this upcoming season this guy just seemed like a good candidate for a random summer hunt. Just been busy at the S.O. so I hadn’t gotten the chance to go.

Well, if you need to fill a spot, I am a Vet who has 2 boys and a little girl that are going to eat me out of house and home and they love Axis deer meat!!! lol!

In all seriousness, don't let this one guy get you down. I know it sucks and I wish that didn't happen to you but some people can really surprise you... Youre an awesome person for offering, don't forget that!

Comment

That mentality seems more and more prevalent these days, and it comes from all ages now, too. Good for you for trying to do something nice for a vet. Don't let that prevent you from inviting someone else again in the future. His loss!!

Comment

That boy ain't right !

Comment

Was his name Dahmer?

Comment

Very nice of you. Don't let one bad person ruin your attitude. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Some people suck, its that simple
                    I'll agree! I used to think most everybody did but since retiring I've found there are some good folks out there. You just have to find them and let them into your life!

Good effort on your part though! I hope that wont stop you from trying again. Maybe try a kid next time?

Stay safe out there. I pray for yall every day! I'm so thankful and glad I'm done and away from the world yall still deal with everyday!

Comment

I could see the man getting curious and asking when the hunt would be, but not insulting you the way he did. He had no right to run you down.

Comment

Heck, I dont even want it to be free. I am willing to pay you a fee for a hunt. Just let me know when you are available. I, too, work 7 days per week and being in the middle of football season, I understand your pain.

But, I can make availability for axis. LOL!

Comment

I'm a retired vet, but not that old yet, and never have even hunted an Axis.

Ignore and forget it, don't let someone steal your joy nor ruin a minute thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                            I could see the man getting curious and asking when the hunt would be, but not insulting you the way he did. He had no right to run you down.

This was my thoughts. I was truly surprised, and definitely a little hurt because I’m one of the only people I know that even offers this sort of stuff. Until last year I filled a combat vets freezer until the day he died. Totally free because it’s our DUTY to help those in need as God fearing people. I’m glad to hear y’all reassure me. I’m starting a little list of folks saying they’d like an opportunity. When the time is better and I’m not working every day I’d like to try and get some of y’all up there.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                              Originally yep, I was going to go sooner but as the virus came, we weren’t allowed to take time off so I told him it wouldn’t be anytime soon. I was VERY forthcoming with the schedule and explained I’d get with him as soon as things slowed down and I was able to go and take him. I hadn’t felt the need to constantly reassure him as I figured he understood I’d call when I got the time. At least that’s how I would have felt. Then again if someone offers me something for free, I don’t pester them about it or need reassurance. If it happens it happens. If it doesn’t well then it was free so......eh. Oh well.

Sounds like you did everything to let him know it may be a while. Unfortunately though, it sounds like he wants his free hunt whenever it’s convenient for him and not you.
                              Agreed 100% on if I’m offered a free hunt then I’m just thankful for the opportunity, if it happens it happens, if not, oh well.
                              No need to beat yourself up about it, from your side of the story I think you did everything the right way!

Comment

I know two vets and I need to shoot an axis doe for meat

Comment

Working...
                                X