Bedliner on Trailer Floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedliner on Trailer Floor?

Has anyone on the GS used any of the roll on bedliners on the wood floor of a flatbed utility trailer? I am thinking about applying a roll on bedliner to the floor of one instead of treating it every year with some kind of wood sealer or something. I was wondering if anyone had and what process they went through like sand wash and use primer then roll it on or just hit it with a pressure washer let dry then roll it on? Thanks!

My wife's granddad did it on one of his trailers 10 years ago and it still looks brand new.

Comment

Used motor oil mixed with diesel fuel and you have yourself some floor sealer on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Used motor oil mixed with diesel fuel and you have yourself some floor sealer on the cheap.

Be careful though because it gets super slick, especially when wet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats how you know its working, haha!

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          Be careful though because it gets super slick, especially when wet!

Comment

In for responses. Seems like a good idea. If it is being done with no issues may suggest it to my dad for his goose neck flat bed.

Comment

I used the roll-on stuff from the local auto parts store and it came out great. The wood on my 8x10 flat bed was getting pretty old and faded. Pressure washed it in the car wash to remove dirt from all of the cracks, let it dry in the sun. Took an entire gallon ($65) for full heavy coverage. Non-skid now, well sealed and my UTV doesn't tear it up when loading.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                This

But I roll straight used oil and apply on a hot sunny day

Comment

I have seen the versions of oil mixed with diesel/kerosene versions it seems pretty good but I am wanting the nonskid effect as well.

Comment

I've thought about replacing boards with purlin and then doing this to keep it from being slick. Figure that would last forever.

Comment

Googled it. Said to put petroleum jelly or chapstick in the screw holes for easier removal, but it would take a chisel to get the stuff off after it had set. Seems like a pretty good idea, kinda like the Blackwood deck that pj uses! Anyone ever used the new composite decking material? Seems like that would be a good option as well!

Comment

Im gonna cerakote my trailer... because ****** and 'merica thats why.
                        thats how i roll.
                        AR's, doublestackin, and bumpstockin the twinkies.
                        rockinoutwiththeballsout..
                        sorry..what was the question?

Comment

My son undercoated his truck with Raptor Liner, it comes with a gun to connect to your air compressor hose and just spray it on, seems to be working well, he lives in Corpus.
                          I like the idea of replacing the flooring with purlin and spraying it with Raptor Liner, it should last forever!

Comment

Treated lumber will last 20+ years

Comment

I've been using old fish fry oil same trailer boards 15 years

Comment

Working...
                              X