Who’s Turkey Hunting with a Bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With turkey season just around the corner, who’s going to be chasing thunder chickens with a bow?

I’ve always taken them with a bow, but I’m kinda of interested in changing things up and taking one with a shotgun this year. What about you?

I’ve never talked myself into trying with my bow. It would definitely be an accomplishment.

It’s not always very easy to call up an eastern & I just can’t think of a way to get drawn without getting busted. I like to eat them too much to give them that kind of advantage!

Comment

Here.

Comment

Only way to hunt them!

Comment

We do on my place. Hunted them with a bow for years. Switched to a shotgun for a few and back to a bow with these DSD type decoys. They have been a game changer for us. It’s addicting as heck..

Last edited by Smart; 02-20-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

i've killed them with a bow out of a double bull over decoys in the spring. its fun, but i like the run and gun with a shotgun more.

Comment

I'm Planning on it if my dad is physically able to go.. Praying that he is..
              Killed a few with my bow over the years..

Comment

Longbow here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	24571550

Comment

Yep. Longbow only.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be if we have good numbers of them on our place this year. So far I've taken 7 and hubby has taken 9 with our bows. We gave them a pass the last three years because there weren't very many.

Comment

Got the ol 870 turkey gun out the other night and itching for the 16th to get here. Plan on killing the first 2 with my shotgun, then spending the rest of the season trying to get my first one with a bow.

anyone use fan decoys on their bows instead of sitting in a ground blind?

Comment

I switch off between shotgun and bow, as both are equally challenging while chasing them in the woods. Never hunted turkey from a blind, doesn’t seem fun to me

Comment

I hunt them with a bow however not to proud to pull out the ol smoke pole

Comment

Me--be my first attempt since I missed one at Quantico MCB in Virginia in 1987--but I'm not gonna miss this time!

Comment

I know Rios aren’t super wary, but how are you guys getting drawn once you get them called into range?

Comment

Working...
                              X