No announcement yet.

Bedliner on Trailer Floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jessica’s dad did it to his 16’ trailer three years ago. Works dang good. Only difference being that we replaced the boards with c-purlin and applied bedliner to purlin.

Comment

Are y’all putting the oil diesel mixture on treated wood or regular pine boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Rustoleum Restore on my deck this summer. It requires a two coat application with their roller. After falling once on a wet oiled ramp door I know this can land you in the hospital. This stuff would provides a great safety factor when you walk up and down a wood ramp door.

They usually have a display of it at Home Depots

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Are y’all putting the oil diesel mixture on treated wood or regular pine boards?
          I put my used diesel oil on the pine boards that came with my trailer. I still have the original boards on my gooseneck flatbed trailer that I bought in 2001. They can get slick and smelly when it gets hot. I have mopped on a minimum of 10 gallons of oil on those boards over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
            I used the roll-on stuff from the local auto parts store and it came out great. The wood on my 8x10 flat bed was getting pretty old and faded. Pressure washed it in the car wash to remove dirt from all of the cracks, let it dry in the sun. Took an entire gallon ($65) for full heavy coverage. Non-skid now, well sealed and my UTV doesn't tear it up when loading.
            Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
              Googled it. Said to put petroleum jelly or chapstick in the screw holes for easier removal, but it would take a chisel to get the stuff off after it had set. Seems like a pretty good idea, kinda like the Blackwood deck that pj uses! Anyone ever used the new composite decking material? Seems like that would be a good option as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Composite decking isn't nearly strong or rigid enough for a trailer deck.

Comment

bump

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Used motor oil mixed with diesel fuel and you have yourself some floor sealer on the cheap.
                    Ditto, did it on all my 40' GN trailers when I hot shotted

Comment

Bump for ya

Comment

bump

Comment

Good responses, how about using the bed liner on fenders and frame?

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this to the metal part of my trailer but haven't thought about doing the wood. Thanks for the idea. I might have to try it.

The best idea I've heard recently was from the one and only Bisch.

He found some aluminium stadium bleacher bench tops at the scrap yard. You know the 2 X 12 type that a lot of stadiums have. He plans to use that for his deck.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                              I've been thinking about doing this to the metal part of my trailer but haven't thought about doing the wood. Thanks for the idea. I might have to try it.

The best idea I've heard recently was from the one and only Bisch.

He found some aluminium stadium bleacher bench tops at the scrap yard. You know the 2 X 12 type that a lot of stadiums have. He plans to use that for his deck.
                              nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X