2017 Kansas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Yes. If I'm sittin all day, maybe a couple times each hour if I'm not seeing deer. Some days, can't rattle anything in. Then, some days, every time I rattle, a buck comes in. I think last year I didn't rattle a single deer in, but, it was pretty warm for that time of the year.
    One of my best memories, I rattled at a huge 8 pt. that was 200-300 yds. out. He came in on a string. Same time, a younger 12 pt. came in from the other direction. They faced off right out in front of me. That fight lasted all but about 8 seconds. First fight I've ever seen. That 8 picked that 12 up, did a body slam, then slid him across the ground about 10ft and it was over!!!
    Sounds likes you had ring-side seats that morning!

Comment

I will be in Barber County tomorrow just in time to hop in a stand. Should be decent weather and bucks should be getting a little more antsy. Have several target bucks but even more that we are letting go for one more year. Here is a buck that we are letting go especially after seeing the big jump in antler growth from last year until this year.

Comment

^ Young Giant!

Comment

Originally posted by crek1311 View Post
          I will be in Barber County tomorrow just in time to hop in a stand. Should be decent weather and bucks should be getting a little more antsy. Have several target bucks but even more that we are letting go for one more year. Here is a buck that we are letting go especially after seeing the big jump in antler growth from last year until this year.

That would be a tough deer to pass, but could turn into something extra special for sure!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            That would be a tough deer to pass, but could turn into something extra special for sure!!!
            Yea lucky for us we have several very mature bucks that we can shoot so it made it easier for us to agree that he needs at least one more year. We have a place that allows us to hold onto our deer pretty well and for the most part our safe if we don't shoot them

Comment

Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
              Taxidermy didn't do him justice, he was 327 lbs. 4 of us drug him out with a tow rope and took it to the grain elevator to see what he weighed before I gut him. Cheap mount. Lesson learned.
              Shoot yourself a big doe or a big ugly buck someday and have that mount redone.

Comment

Originally posted by crek1311 View Post
                Yea lucky for us we have several very mature bucks that we can shoot so it made it easier for us to agree that he needs at least one more year. We have a place that allows us to hold onto our deer pretty well and for the most part our safe if we don't shoot them
                Thats awesome. What part of the state do you hunt?

Comment

Thats awesome. What part of the state do you hunt?
                  We hunt Unit 16 in Barber County

Comment

Sweet Sweet November has arrived!

Comment

Doe Party

I love seeing them still bunched up. I'll be right there in 9 days and it should be wide open!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        Shoot yourself a big doe or a big ugly buck someday and have that mount redone.
                        A 327 lb doe? Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                          I love seeing them still bunched up. I'll be right there in 9 days and it should be wide open!
                          Yeah glad to see theyre not making the show to early, I head up on the 10th!

Comment

Yeah glad to see theyre not making the show to early, I head up on the 10th!
                            That should be in the time frame, should be there myself around that time. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                              That should be in the time frame, should be there myself around that time. Good Luck
                              Thanks, Same to you brother!

Comment

Packed my bags and hunting gear Monday and headed to work. I’ll work to next Friday and leave out for Kansas. Will be hunting pheasants Saturday morning and then on a deer stand that evening. I’ll have from the evening of Nov 11 till Noon on the Nov 19 to get it done.
                                I’ll be putting in all day sits until I get it done.
                                Come on Nov 10th!!!!

Good luck to everybody this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X