2015 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cashe34 View Post
    Was anyone hunting or out in these storms?
    We were hunting a little east of the storms. It was real windy and didn't see much activity.

We drove home and we just missed the tornado in Pampa by a few minutes. We were lucky enough to hit the hail though. Took a couple of big hits by the hail.

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
      We were hunting a little east of the storms. It was real windy and didn't see much activity.

We drove home and we just missed the tornado in Pampa by a few minutes. We were lucky enough to hit the hail though. Took a couple of big hits by the hail.

Glad you got back ahead of it. That thing was nasty. I had to get to Panhandle from Clarendon and I think I just missed the second smaller tornado.

Comment

2015 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Well guys the rut is on full force in hemphill/wheeler at least on my stuff anyway. They are in full stupid mode dont care about anything but their doe .I just killed my biggest buck to date(at least i hope) shot was not good. It was a gut shot but was shooting rage extremes and has at least 8 inches of guts hanging out there is alot of blood about 10 yards from point of impact which surprised me an has me hopeful. I have one of the best dogs in the tx panhandle on stand by if i cant find him...all im guna say is hes a main frame 9pt with split brows and a kicker off his main beam. Fingers crossed in the AM i will have ldps.

Comment

Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck Matt. Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Ive been up since 5 just waitin on it to get light. Lol im nervous/ready to see him. What i want to know is how my bow got knocked off. He was only 15 yards and i was 8 inches off i mean not even close. He walked out to 50 and i knocked another arrow an missed him by 6ft. I was plenty calm and my 50 yard pin is dead on or at least i thought lol. Not tryin to make excuses for a bad shot, but really believe i can shoot better than that. Lol

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck Matt. Waiting for ldp's

Comment

Good luck on the recovery

Comment

Good luck in your search for your buck! We are rooting for a successful recovery!

Comment

Found him and hes bigger than i thought pics and story to come

Comment

Leaving out at noon, will be huntin between Silverton and Claude. Avatar buck came from there. Ready to rattle the canyons!!
                            Good luck guys, Tis the Season!!
                            Congrats Txpnhndle32

Comment

My buddy in Wheeler Co. shot an absolute monster the evening of the storms. He has been after this particular buck for 5 years. Stud of an animal even at his old age. He's every bit of 8.5-9.5 years old. He came in doggin a doe and that was all she wrote. If I can get his permission I will post the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
                                Found him and hes bigger than i thought pics and story to come
                                Awesome! One of the best feelings finding out he's bigger. [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X