Shipping Container Cabins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Container Cabins

My wife and I are wanting to add a cabin of sorts to our place in Oklahoma. She wants something big and somewhat fancy. My main concern is people breaking in when we are not there. I am trying to convince the wife that we should go for a shipping container for the security aspect.

Anyone have any pics of their shipping container cabins?

I have seen the one Heath had at the social club and I really liked it.

I appreciate the help!

bump

Comment

I’ve seen some really cool ones on line. Inside you would never know it was a shipping container. You can place two together and have more room. I saw one before that had 4 of them and it was made into a two story home. Possibilities are endless.

Comment

search for my DYI thread or I can post some pics later this evening

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          My wife and I are wanting to add a cabin of sorts to our place in Oklahoma. She wants something big and somewhat fancy. My main concern is people breaking in when we are not there. I am trying to convince the wife that we should go for a shipping container for the security aspect.

I appreciate the help!
          Unless you aren't going to to have windows, if a person that wants to break in will.
          Best thing is to have visible surveillance cameras out, good neighbors and don't keep valuables there.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            search for my DYI thread or I can post some pics later this evening

Thanks! I didn’t realize you had updated your thread recently. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              Unless you aren't going to to have windows, if a person that wants to break in will.
              Best thing is to have visible surveillance cameras out, good neighbors and don't keep valuables there.

They make them now with security window covers that are local able from the inside. I have good neighbors too. Just would think a small cabin would be easier to break into than a container cabin that is locked and all entrances covered.

Comment

Travel trailer

Comment

I appreciate the help!
                  I was thinking the same thing for our new place, but wife really wants one of the park model homes. We used to stay in them all the time when fishing lake fork. We recently went to Athens to check out platinum cottages; dang nice but expensive.

Comment

Lived in Minnesota for some time and my friends that had cabins up north would leave the front door unlocked after 3 or 4 time people kicking in the door. Most of the time it was Indians looking for a place to drink, they would also leave some food and snacks for them, never had a problem after that. They just didn't leave anything of value in the cabin. .
                    Last edited by Bassdeer; 01-12-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Just would think a small cabin would be easier to break into than a container cabin that is locked and all entrances covered.
                      I drug a container out to my place, stayed in in a few years until I built a cabin. Dont keep valuables in the cabin, keep them in the locked container.

Not sure about Oklahoma, but I would think a container would be easier to trick the tax man to keep your appraised value down. Tax man has my cabin appraised at much more than I paid for it.

Comment

I've stayed in one. They are solid, quiet and secure. I wouldn't call them roomy, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          I've stayed in one. They are solid, quiet and secure. I wouldn't call them roomy, though.

mine sleeps 8 and is pretty comfy to stay in with 4-6. All depends on how they are configured.

Comment

40’
                            25’ living
                            13’9 storage(ranger, mule etc)

Did it all by my self. This is my second build.

Got trim and bathroom trim left.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                              Windows are easy to build swing out bars, solid cover or expanded metal, but nothing can with stand metal saw blade or cutting torch, with that said you aren’t prying the door open with a screw driver or even pry bar or even a pair of bolt cutters

Comment

Working...
                              X