Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running APR G2 action with pre fit barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running APR G2 action with pre fit barrel?

Like the title says??

I’m getting parts together for an at home/budget custom build and planning on using the G2 action.

I’ll be calling APR soon to ask a few questions and see if they have any actions in stock or when the next shipment will be in since it says they are out online.

This will be my first build so any tips for putting it together are welcome!

What cartridge and what niche are you filling?

Comment

The fun niche!

Just a short barrel 260rem.

Was planning on using my savage and upgrading it but everything is more expensive for savage and less parts are available. By the time I would have upgraded the rifle I had I could have just spent a couple hundred more and went for the custom action.

I’m supposed to get the rest of my parts tomorrow so the action will be the only thing left.

Comment

Well just got off the phone with APR. the G2 action is a no go. Said they wouldn’t be getting any more in because the company that made the actions were having problems financially.

Guess I’ll take a look at the bighorn action that accepts a pre fit barrel.

Any other actions I should look at for around the same price point?

Comment

Tikka-- Proof is making pre-fits and I think others are following suit-- plus with stocks available from Manners, McM and AG it'll be hard to beat for the cost of those components!

Comment

[QUOTE=Silentnight;14572024]Well just got off the phone with APR. the G2 action is a no go. Said they wouldn’t be getting any more in because the company that made the actions were having problems financially. [\QUOTE]

That is really is too bad. The G2 action is really nice--particularly for the price.
            R

Comment

Cant go wrong with a Bighorn TL3

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
              Well just got off the phone with APR. the G2 action is a no go. Said they wouldn’t be getting any more in because the company that made the actions were having problems financially.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                Tikka-- Proof is making pre-fits and I think others are following suit-- plus with stocks available from Manners, McM and AG it'll be hard to beat for the cost of those components!
                Finished gettin all my parts in for a 700 footprint so I’m going to stay that direction. I also have a savage pre fit on hand so it would need to be the same threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post

We can still get them. However, what we can get has been very limited for the time being, and may be that way for a while. I told my guys not to take any more orders until we have solid delivery dates back on the schedule. We've been down that road before

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    We can still get them. However, what we can get has been very limited for the time being, and may be that way for a while. I told my guys not to take any more orders until we have solid delivery dates back on the schedule. We've been down that road before
                    Thanks for clearing that up Robert. I like supporting local but I understand when you’re not the one controlling when you get product in.

I think I was talking to John and he said y’all were maybe looking into another action manufacturer. He said it wasn’t going to accept pre fits so that wouldn’t work for me. I like the option of a DIY custom and barrel swaps at home.

Good luck getting everything squared away. Hope it all works out good and in a timely manner

Comment

2nd the Bighorn Origin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for an origin.

Comment

Look like I’ll most likely go for the origin. Same price as the G2 and I can swap bolt heads if I ever want to go magnum

Comment

Wait for a Brownell's 10% coupon and then order the Origin through Brownell's. The coupons work on backordered actions as well. use Active Junky for another 2.5% cash back also. My Black Friday ordered (Back ordered) Origin shipped last week.

Comment

Originally posted by m714 View Post
                              Wait for a Brownell's 10% coupon and then order the Origin through Brownell's. The coupons work on backordered actions as well. use Active Junky for another 2.5% cash back also. My Black Friday ordered (Back ordered) Origin shipped last week.
                              That’s a great deal!

I wish I would’ve known about this sooner. I ordered one last Friday and its coming in today.

Good to know if I ever build another, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X