2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Up early this morning before too hot. Put in my harness and grabbed a loc on and sticks. There ain’t but one tree big enough to hold a squirrel up in the whole area, but it’s where I need to be. Up about 18’ in a big post oak. Y’all entry and exit will SUCK... but it is what it is. It’s how he’s survived the gauntlet. Google earth last night found 4 feeders not on me with in 300 yards. lol 1 is 100’ from property and about 120 yards from me.... wide open

Surely he’s not hitting feeders tho...right? Granted, he will be trolling the does at the feeders. Hope it works out for ya man, with the amount of work you’ve put into this buck I hope we are viewing some LDP’s on your tail gate come Halloween [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      Have you posted any pics of wonder bra?

Lord no. Lol

I’ve had him on 2 properties within 120 yards of 3 feeders I run year around and never at a feeder or hand corn. 1 guy I know that has him as well does get 1-2 pics a year at feeder mid day.

I get him running through plots and trails connecting plots. It’s a chess game and I’m playing checkers. Hardest deer I’ve ever hunted

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Lord no. Lol

I’ve had him on 2 properties within 120 yards of 3 feeders I run year around and never at a feeder or hand corn. 1 guy I know that has him as well does get 1-2 pics a year at feeder mid day.

I get him running through plots and trails connecting plots. It’s a chess game and I’m playing checkers. Hardest deer I’ve ever hunted

But gonna make it that much sweeter if you bag him [emoji106]

Comment

Well I busted out the billy goat brush hog to clear some shooting lanes. That thing runs like a champ, but about 300 yards in it started coming down. Made it back to the truck just in time to be completely drenched lol.

Comment

Big bucks starting to show. It’s an exciting time of the year. First hard horn on 8-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Big bucks starting to show. It’s an exciting time of the year. First hard horn on 8-15.

Gaaaaah dang T. You’re in for one heck of a season. That your newton county place?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                Gaaaaah dang T. You’re in for one heck of a season. That your newton county place?

[emoji2371] too many places to keep track of lol. I don’t know how much I’ll get to hunt this year but at least there will be some good ones to chase.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  [emoji2371] too many places to keep track of lol. I don’t know how much I’ll get to hunt this year but at least there will be some good ones to chase.

Not a bad problem to have!

Comment

That’s a hoss!

Comment

I'm new on a lease this year in Polk Co off of 1276 between Segno and Dallardsville. I've seen a few mature does around while driving in/out but nothing on cam yet. About 150 yards through the thick stuff behind my feeder is Long Creek. I saw a scrape and a couple young bucks while hunting last year as a guest by the creek but that's about it. Anyone close to that area? How is it? Any helpful tips?

My lease manager is a little hard to get ahold of. Until recently, I've had to rely on my father-in-law to give me the low down on lease rules. He says the rule is that our bucks have to be 8 point or better to be taken. Seems a little counter-intuitive to me. If I see a 4 year old 4 point, it's going to be hard to pass on a scrub buck like that. I can't think of a very good reason to have a rule like that in place. Maybe someone can help me understand why? I may be looking for a new place after this season

Anywho, went to the lease yesterday looking to shoot a hog but none showed even after coming to corn every morning for the past week. Set up a mineral site close to the creek and a few mock scrapes on trails with a couple cameras. We'll see what comes around. I'll post pics if I see anything worth posting.

Comment

After catching up on this thread, looks like a great season in store across the Pineywoods. I've got a couple big mature 8's coming in on my Montgomery County lease that I will be after. I got both my feeders up and running about 3.5 weeks ago on my Madison County lease but no cameras running up there.

I'm pretty close to having a Houston County lease rapped up! The landowner has already agreed to lease to me. I'm going out there tomorrow or Saturday to meet the landowner and look the place over. Per google maps, this place looks like absolute money! I'm pumped over this place big time. It's not a big place 100+ acres but it is the right location no doubt.

Comment

Hey good luck Johnny!!
                          Tony, you got some serious potential opportunities to get yourseff another whopper!!

I got some feeders and feed stations going couple weeks back down south end of the county (Liberty), but no cameras out yet. Others though have been getting some good pics in spots where the hogs are penned out... I don't have pens up but may put one or to hidden pens to hand corn... Just still so dang hot, wet, and gazillion skeeters n snakes.... Sound to y'all like I may be gettin' a bit soft in my old age? I do have to admit, I ain't near mad at 'em as I used to be!

Comment

They are hungry right now, got all the young ones coming in

Comment

hope the picture makes it this time
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                                hope the picture makes it this time
                                That's a game rich environment right there. Very nice.

Well I got the Houston County lease nailed down. Love the looks of the place. It needs a little shredding done on key spots but should be good to go after. Without even looking, we found 2 sheds. This place hasn't been hunted since 2012....nice in wooly and has everything I want in an east Texas lease. Got a camera out over a big pile of corn. Hopefully have some visitors soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X