Danner Snake boots vs Chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
    I’m gonna have to Amazon. Can’t find them anywhere. The San Angelo pair specifically.
    Amazon has them for $179 right now. The San Angelo 17” that is.

Comment

Used both, Danners are my choice for comfort. Luckily I haven’t had any snakes test protection/reliability.

Comment

Danner has been my snake boot for the last 15 years, best boots I ever purchased.

Comment

It doesn't look like these boots have a zipper for on an off. How tough are they getting on and off?

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            I have well developed calves so thats good to know.
            Are "well developed" and "fat" the same thing???

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
              It doesn't look like these boots have a zipper for on an off. How tough are they getting on and off?
              I've worn the Danner Sharptail 17" for a couple seasons and they are fairly easy as far as snakeboots go. I have big calves and usually wear a 10 EEE in regular boots so I ordered the size 10-wide, but wish I would have gotten a 10.5-wide to be a little more comfortable when I wear thick socks. If they were just a little bigger I could probably kick em off like cowboy boots pretty quick.

I HIGHLY recommend these.

If anyone wants a lightly used pair in size 10-wide shoot me a PM I wouldn't mind upgrading to a half size bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                I've worn the Danner Sharptail 17" for a couple seasons and they are fairly easy as far as snakeboots go. I have big calves and usually wear a 10 EEE in regular boots so I ordered the size 10-wide, but wish I would have gotten a 10.5-wide to be a little more comfortable when I wear thick socks. If they were just a little bigger I could probably kick em off like cowboy boots pretty quick.

I HIGHLY recommend these.

If anyone wants a lightly used pair in size 10-wide shoot me a PM I wouldn't mind upgrading to a half size bigger.
                What was the break in like?

Comment

I've had both sharp tails and agree they are extremely light and comfortable. However, I would plan on wearing them alot (due to comfort) and buying a new pair every few years. Ive never had a pair make it too long but the comfort is worth replacing as needed

Comment

Moved to the Ariat Conquest Snakeboot Waterproof Hunting Boot square toe last year and these are my new snake boots going forward. They fit just like my regular square toe boots.

Comment

Limited if any.

Only negative is if you really like them but two pairs, and rotate. Danner doesn’t make them every year.

Comment

To be honest, there was no real "break in" needed. I never got blisters or anything

Comment

Just bought a pair of the Sharptails last week. Really surprised on how comfortable they are. Looking forward to see how they perform in the field!

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
                            Just bought a pair of the Sharptails last week. Really surprised on how comfortable they are. Looking forward to see how they perform in the field!
                            How was sizing for you and how is the on and off?

Comment

Danner all the way

Comment

How was sizing for you and how is the on and off?

Depending on brand of shoes some I wear 11 and some 10.5. I went with 10.5 on the Danners and fit very well. They are a little hard to get off but not too bad. Would rather have to deal with that then have my foot move to much when I walk and cause blistering!

Comment

Working...
                                X