Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-03-2022, 09:17 PM   #201
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Anyone mount a Dish traveler pro 1000 on top of their RV? If so, could yíall post some pics? Would like to see how cables are ran

Different brand but we have a roof mounted unit. Itís nice going down the road when we have the boys with us but coverage in camp is 50/50 at best due to trees etc. We also have a Dish Tailgater for when we donít have coverage and really want it.

If I was going one or other I would stick with Tailgater.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2022, 09:17 PM   #202
bboswell
Pope & Young

Anyone in Port Arkansas next weekend?
Old 04-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #203
MacDaddy67
Pope & Young

Went to Lake Texana and Brackenridge Park....very nice campground and only $35 a night
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM   #204
kmack
Eight Point

Hunt In: Comfort, TX

Quote:
Anyone mount a Dish traveler pro 1000 on top of their RV? If so, could yíall post some pics? Would like to see how cables are ran
We had an old Wineguard system that I removed from the roof of our Class C. The wires were run from the unit into the vent cover for the fridge on ours.
The wires then ran down the fridge compartment to a switch and the rest of the pieces/parts.

The vent area makes for fairly easy access, but becareful that you get it all covered up well so that you don't introduce new leaks.

kmack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #205
RMW
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Down South

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmack View Post
We had an old Wineguard system that I removed from the roof of our Class C. The wires were run from the unit into the vent cover for the fridge on ours.
The wires then ran down the fridge compartment to a switch and the rest of the pieces/parts.

The vent area makes for fairly easy access, but becareful that you get it all covered up well so that you don't introduce new leaks.

Iíve got a few pipe vents on the roof I was thinking about running the wire through, looking to drill as few holes possible. Thanks for posting
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2022, 02:53 PM   #206
RMW
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Different brand but we have a roof mounted unit. Itís nice going down the road when we have the boys with us but coverage in camp is 50/50 at best due to trees etc. We also have a Dish Tailgater for when we donít have coverage and really want it.

If I was going one or other I would stick with Tailgater.
Good idea, might by a tailgater also just in case of to many trees
Old 04-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #207
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Good idea, might by a tailgater also just in case of to many trees

This is all I ever see at the state parks and coe's. Run it away from the rig that is parked under trees.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2022, 03:12 PM   #208
RMW
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
This is all I ever see at the state parks and coe's. Run it away from the rig that is parked under trees.
The reason I got the wineguard is because Iíve got 2 TVs in the RV and with the wineguard you can watch different channels at the same time. Going to get extra long cord for tailgater
Old 04-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #209
Bill M
Pope & Young

I didn't run this wire through a vent. Got a 1 pc white weatherproof solar photovoltaic plastic bracket curved cable connector to run my cable for my Weboost signal booster. We now stream the TV we watch at most places using our AT&T phones as a hot spot. Had 60 down on Lake Somerville in February but only about 5 or 6 in the bowl that is Brazos Bend SP and still streamed some. A few photos of the install.

Bulkhead penetration

About 2 ft from back wall

Living area and kitchen

Wires behind TV panel

Indoor booster

Setup on back of rig

Old 04-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #210
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Hoping someone here can help. I would like to get a folding fillet table with a sink for food prep, outdoor dish washing etc. I need a way to connect it to the sewer drain. I can't find a fitting so I thought I would ask before a buy a straight RV hose coupler and get out the epoxy.
TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2022, 12:29 PM   #211
kmack
Eight Point

Old 04-06-2022, 12:49 PM   #212
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
Hoping someone here can help. I would like to get a folding fillet table with a sink for food prep, outdoor dish washing etc. I need a way to connect it to the sewer drain. I can't find a fitting so I thought I would ask before a buy a straight RV hose coupler and get out the epoxy.

I just took a 5gal bucket and cut a hole in the lid for the drain tube to fit in. Dump it when it gets fullÖ
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2022, 04:05 PM   #213
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
They make a "Y" fitting that you could hook another sewer hose to at the ground inlet. You'd have to find a way to adapt it to the bottom of your sink, and when not in use it would vent the septic system into your camp...
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #214
sotx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen County

https://www.campingworld.com/camco-r...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2022, 04:17 PM   #215
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Thanks guys, got me searching in the right direction. Iím thinking a y fitting and the adapter below that lets me take 3Ē male threads down to the drain hose. Iíll flex the drain hose into a p trap.

Valterra - 1216.1011 T1029-4 Termination Adapter - 3" Bayonet x 3" Male Thread https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N5PP8W...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2022, 08:43 PM   #216
Boyd1212
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County, San Saba, Washington State

Took our first trip of the season here in Washington today. Weíre going to try and catch some crappie tomorrow morning.

Boyd1212 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2022, 09:47 PM   #217
CoolHandLuke
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
They make a "Y" fitting that you could hook another sewer hose to at the ground inlet. You'd have to find a way to adapt it to the bottom of your sink, and when not in use it would vent the septic system into your camp...

That would work but you would have to modify a p-trap to keep the gasses from coming back up.
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2022, 08:26 AM   #218
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Continuing down my path of planning for our upcoming trips. Taping up my ducts was on the radar, but I think I will build a diverter box out of foam core as seen below. I stumbled across a premade system, but at $170, that wont work for us.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:30 PM   #219
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Continuing down my path of planning for our upcoming trips. Taping up my ducts was on the radar, but I think I will build a diverter box out of foam core as seen below. I stumbled across a premade system, but at $170, that wont work for us.

Grand Design A/C Modification - YouTube

Bob, I built my own and not only did it quieten it down a bit but it blows much harder. Taped all my ducts as well. If you have more than one AC unit, check with GDRV about more than one diverter system. Something about not supposed to have it on all the units due to the race track duct system I believe is what I remember.

Old 04-08-2022, 05:08 PM   #220
kmack
Eight Point

We’re hanging out at Potters Creek on Canyon Lake this weekend and next weekend if anyone is out this way.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #221
kruppa24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: currently looking

Hanging out at airport park in Waco for Easter, starting today through the weekend
kruppa24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2022, 03:35 PM   #222
kruppa24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: currently looking

Our setup

kruppa24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2022, 07:51 PM   #223
bobby314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
Hit Goliad state park over the weekend. Very nice park and the old mission there was very cool.
I like ur camping tux!
bobby314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #224
Bill M
Pope & Young

Heading to the Cagle Recreation Area in about an hour. Going to be an eagle photography trip. Not even carrying the bikes this trip.

From January

Eagle took my spot.

Fly over of spot in previous photo.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:33 AM   #225
ateague11
Ten Point

Hunt In: ... a tree!

I will be heading out to Taylor Park at Granger Lake this weekend camping. Hopefully its not crazy windy so we can get on some crappie. These windy days have made it tough to want to be on the water.
ateague11 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2022, 11:24 AM   #226
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

We were at Rock Creek Park on Possum Kingdom for baseball this weekend. It's about the 4th time I've stayed there, and I really like it. It's old school, so not all spots have septic, but they are making improvements quickly. The store is open now, and they will have the pools done in a month or two. Ownership is really nice and accomodating, that's the only place we stay around PK.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #227
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateague11 View Post
I will be heading out to Taylor Park at Granger Lake this weekend camping. Hopefully its not crazy windy so we can get on some crappie. These windy days have made it tough to want to be on the water.
Lake Granger is a great place.

It was rough last week on Lake Conroe. There were folks out but not many and they headed into coves for the most part. Sat there Wednesday morning hoping to catch bald eagles fishing but they were going to the calmer side across the lake. I did watch this fly right out in front of me though which was cool. It landed further down. I had 3 eagles land right above me also and had to shoot through a small opening in the trees. It was a good trip.

Watched an eagle go down and catch a fish on the far side of this shot on the right. Too far for a decent photo but tried anyway. More out of the wind here.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:20 PM   #228
ateague11
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
We were at Rock Creek Park on Possum Kingdom for baseball this weekend. It's about the 4th time I've stayed there, and I really like it. It's old school, so not all spots have septic, but they are making improvements quickly. The store is open now, and they will have the pools done in a month or two. Ownership is really nice and accomodating, that's the only place we stay around PK.
Good to know. I havent been to PK in a long time. May have to check it out next summer
Old 04-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #229
ateague11
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
Lake Granger is a great place.

It was rough last week on Lake Conroe. There were folks out but not many and they headed into coves for the most part. Sat there Wednesday morning hoping to catch bald eagles fishing but there were going to the calmer side across the lake. I did watch this fly right out in front of me though which was cool. It landed further down. I had 3 eagles land right above me also and had to shoot through a small opening in the trees. It was a good trip.

Watched an eagle go down and catch a fish on the far side of this shot on the right. Too far for a decent photo but tried anyway. More out of the wind here.

Nice. thanks for sharing
Old 04-25-2022, 01:24 PM   #230
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateague11 View Post
Nice. thanks for sharing

Thanks for looking. The far eagle shot, heavy crop. About a 4 year old bird.

Old 04-25-2022, 06:28 PM   #231
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hey Bill.....watch those skylights on your Xplor. I have an 2021 Xplor and i found one of mine cracked, and I'm in the middle of replacing it with an Icon. These things are paper thin! And i found mine was cracked all over once I got it out. The icon is polycarbonate, and 100 time more stout.

Now...if I could just get this sealant off......Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Palmetto is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2022, 07:26 PM   #232
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
Hey Bill.....watch those skylights on your Xplor. I have an 2021 Xplor and i found one of mine cracked, and I'm in the middle of replacing it with an Icon. These things are paper thin! And i found mine was cracked all over once I got it out. The icon is polycarbonate, and 100 time more stout.

I dealt with it last July. Fortunately I have kept it under an awning and the cracks didn't allow for any damage. I removed the black with a chisel using it very slowly.

Check this picture gallery out. Skylight replacement

Last edited by Bill M; 04-25-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:36 PM   #233
Palmetto
Ten Point

Yup
Mine stays under cover when not hooked up, so no damage. I only noticed it when I took the inside trim off to put a piece of foil to block a full moon light up the place.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:01 PM   #234
Palmetto
Ten Point

Thanks for the pics Bill. Very helpful!!!

We have 2 skylights unfortunately, and I am changing both out. I checked the other one out, and it's cracked too.

Is that eterna bond tape that you put down first? Great idea.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:36 PM   #235
sp-bow
Ten Point

Hunt In: SHNF, MI

great pictures Bill.
sp-bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2022, 09:40 PM   #236
sp-bow
Ten Point

Looking to finally make our first time this weekend. Looks like we are headed to Fredericksburg, if she doesn't change her mind and decide to go somewhere else.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:50 PM   #237
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Default 2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Quote:

We have 2 skylights unfortunately, and I am changing both out. I checked the other one out, and it's cracked too.

Use a razor knife to cut off what you can without getting into the roof, obviously. Then clean the snot out of it. I canít tell a lot by those pics on my phone, but I feel like the most important part is to eliminate any spots where it could ďdamĒ water anywhere, make it shed water with good materials (eternabond, NP1, or the other self leveling stuff), and build in redundant seals and watersheds.

Iíve had better luck doing it the way I think is right (again with good materials), double sealing everything, and running water away from it. Get everything clean first, for sure.

Manufacturers donít seem to put a lot of long term thought into it.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:47 AM   #238
Bill M
Pope & Young

Quote:

Glad to help. Yes, Eternabond around the edge of the hole. That tip was given to me on the GDRVowners forum.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:37 PM   #239
sp-bow
Ten Point

Looks like Frederickburg will be later this summer. Booked at Brazos Bend this weekend.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:48 PM   #240
bboswell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp-bow View Post
Looks like Frederickburg will be later this summer. Booked at Brazos Bend this weekend.

We are in Fredericksburge several times per year. We love staying in the Ladybird Johnson park.

Also I would advise that you avoid Bending Oaks RV at all cost.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:54 PM   #241
sp-bow
Ten Point

Plan was to stay at Bending Oaks, but we decided to stay closer since we are only going for the weekend. We talked about staying out there for a month later this summer or fall. Thanks for the information. Those were the two parks we look at staying. We also thought about The Buckhorn in Kerrville

Last edited by sp-bow; 04-26-2022 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:17 PM   #242
sp-bow
Ten Point

Quote:

We had Flexarmor put on our roof. Decided to do this after the hail cracked both skylights. Our neighbor had a little older trailer. They ended up hail just a little smaller than a baseball go thru their skylight in the shower. With Flexarmor they cover the skylights and added LED light in them. Ended up with a seamless roof with a lifetime warranty. Supposed to help keep the trailer cooler also.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:29 PM   #243
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

We did some camping last hear with the inlaws in their 5th wheel and did Cagle on lake Conroe once this spring. Wife and I are planning our second tent camp trip to Custer South Dakota in the black hills set for July. 80 degrees for a high and upper 40ís low 50ís at night. Pre-sturgis rally so should be a little more quiet. There is still a good bit we didnt get to see or do last time we were up there.

bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2022, 03:11 PM   #244
sotx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen County

Beach camping. My daughters and her friends want me to take them camping on the beach with our fifth wheel. So any good spots you know of right on the beach. Also any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2022, 07:18 AM   #245
TexasBob
Pope & Young

We got back late last night from Jellystone in Canyon Lake. Camper eas amazing we loved having so much more space. Just realized I didnít get one picture of the setup. Headed to Galveston weekend after next.

Couple of tweaks planned- our king bed must be on a queen base because the sides arenít supported. I can only run 2 ac units at a time. Plan to bypass the switch that controls the bedroom units and tie one into the washer/dryer circuit or run itís own line.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:42 AM   #246
bboswell
Pope & Young

Quote:
We got back late last night from Jellystone in Canyon Lake. Camper eas amazing we loved having so much more space. Just realized I didnít get one picture of the setup. Headed to Galveston weekend after next.

Couple of tweaks planned- our king bed must be on a queen base because the sides arenít supported. I can only run 2 ac units at a time. Plan to bypass the switch that controls the bedroom units and tie one into the washer/dryer circuit or run itís own line.

you blowing breakers inside the RV or at the pedestal?
Old 05-02-2022, 07:47 AM   #247
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Quote:
you blowing breakers inside the RV or at the pedestal?

Not a breaker tripping issue. Per keystone forums there is a dumb switch somewhere that only lets power to my rear ac when the bedroom is off because they share a breaker. Iím looking to get them on their own circuits to run at the same time.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:47 AM   #248
bboswell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not a breaker tripping issue. Per keystone forums there is a dumb switch somewhere that only lets power to my rear ac when the bedroom is off because they share a breaker. Iím looking to get them on their own circuits to run at the same time.

Camper have 30a service?
Old 05-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #249
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Quote:
Camper have 30a service?
No, it's 50 amp. Not sure why Keystone set it up this way. I know if I use the washer circuit I'll have to run the water heater on propane and I could still trip a breaker if they all kick on at once. I would prefer to run a line out and run the rear AC off of a dedicated line to the 20amp 120v receptacle in the pedestal, ideally with a selector switch so I could go back to factory setup if need be. i rarely make things easy.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:25 AM   #250
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Done a bit more research and have a plan of attack. I should be able to use the washer or dryer circuit (both 20amp) for the rear ac. Iíll pick which based on keeping only 2 units on one leg of power. Iíll reuse the power management switch so its seamless to still use the washer if need be.