No announcement yet.

Lure painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is doing some of this as a hobby, but his airbrush gives him fits. Which one do you use, or which one would you prefer for a young kid trying out a hobby?

Comment

Great looking work by the way!

Comment

I use a very cheap one from Amazon. Thinning the paint right is the key. I use Createx mostly but some shoot well out of the bottle and some need reducer. Createx reducer works better than water. Amazon has a Master Air Brush for around $39 that a lot of people use but if you don't get the paint right it doesn't matter. A little thicker than water is the best way to put it. I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          I use a very cheap one from Amazon. Thinning the paint right is the key. I use Createx mostly but some shoot well out of the bottle and some need reducer. Createx reducer works better than water. Amazon has a Master Air Brush for around $39 that a lot of people use but if you don't get the paint right it doesn't matter. A little thicker than water is the best way to put it. I hope that helps.
          Good info. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Baker builds and someone else I watched uses this on some plastics. Does not require UV light.

A tough Clear Coat that can be applied Direct To Metal or over other coatings. This water clear high gloss clear coat remains permanently flexible and is able to perform in the toughest environments without yellowing, cracking or peeling. Can be used as a protective coating on aluminum wheels, chrome bumpers, marine railings, chrome or aluminum covers, grills, handles, ornaments, lights.

Comment

The only bad thing I've heard about KBS is that it smells horrible, outdoor use only LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                One more
                Nice looking, great color and design.

Comment

Started a new wake bait paint job. I'm using some new paints from Hobby Lobby. You can use the cheap paint in an airbrush, you just have to thin it correctly. I used some pearls and iridescent paints, it's kinda finicky to shoot. I have a base of white, pearl white, iridescent green and gold pearl. I did several coats of the gold pearl to get it built up. I'll start the details tomorrow. If you use these cheap water base paints the more you thin it, the lower the pressure you have to shoot it. Also several thin coats are needed. If the paint is wet (shiny) dry it with a heat gun, if you keep spraying it will blow out on you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's hard to get the iridescent green to show in the pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got it finished this morning and got the clear coat on it. This one turned out pretty good.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I used a metallic bronze on the gills and shaded the top and eyes with black. If your not throwing wake baits at redfish, you should be.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is a dang good looking lure!!!

Comment

These look great!! I'd be a tad bit ticked off loosing one of these!

Comment

Very nice work, amazing details.

Comment

I painted a jointed wake bait as gift to a fishing buddy. He wanted something gold. I bought a new airbrush, I dropped mine and of coarse it landed on the tip. I repaired it best I could but it wasn't savable. I bought a Master 322 I think it was, from Amazon. So far I'm very happy with it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X