Begera vs. Browning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begera vs. Browning

Begera Ridge 6.5 Creedmore or Browning Hells Canyon. Friend asked which I would recommend for all around rifle. I don't know much about Begera or 6.5 Creedmore. And I haven't followed Browning in years.

What say you if you have experience with these?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Don't have specific information on the Bergara Ridge, but have 3 people that shoot Bergara B14 in the HMR and they all shoot extremely well in the 6.5 Creedmoor. I do believe a friend just bought the Ridge and said it shot really well too.

Another friend has the Browning and likes it a lot as well. The Browning is alot lighter rifle.

Comment

Don’t have a Ridge but I do have a Premier in 300 WM, also have a 6.5 PRC Hells Canyon.

The Premier is heavier, I believe the Ridge would be lighter and comparable to the HC. Both are great rifles and your friend won’t be disappointed with either. Great triggers, accurate with great repeatability.

Tell him to buy which ever one he likes best. He won’t go wrong either way as both a quality rifles.

Comment

I have a Bergara .308 before buying it I read an article about Ed Shilen helping them with their Barrels. FYI Mine shoots really well.

Comment

Begera vs. Browning

Both are great rifles and shoot awesome. I had a X-bolt for a while, and just set up a B14 Wilderness Terrain for my dad. He’ll be pleased either way he decides to go. I’d probably go with the Bergara since it’s Rem 700 footprint, and much easier to find aftermarket parts to upgrade down the road.

IMO, Bergara’s are the best value out there right now for a budget bolt gun.

Comment

So what does everybody thing of the 6.5? I haven't researched it as Inthought it would be another fad cartridge, but everywhere you look, seems to be the gun in the store.

Comment

Begera vs. Browning

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
              So what does everybody thing of the 6.5? I haven't researched it as Inthought it would be another fad cartridge, but everywhere you look, seems to be the gun in the store.

It’s a decent round, but not near as good as everybody thinks it is. Doesn’t really do anything that a .260 rem can’t, but Hornady’s exceptional marketing has made it become super popular. It’s definitely here to stay IMO.

I had one for a while, and it does the job just fine, but it’s a little slower than I’d like. It’s hard to argue though that it’s not a good option for someone who doesn’t reload due to the amount of quality factory ammo out there for it. (In normal times anyway)
              Last edited by Raider4044; 10-15-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I have both. For my personal taste I like the Browning simply because of the weight and fit and short bolt throw. As for accuracy it's a coin toss. I might give Browning the edge for holding value and Bergara the edge for finding aftermarket parts since the receiver is essentially a Rem 700. There is nothing in function that one will do over the other. Don't underestimate the strength of the Browning barreled action. It will stand up to pressures beyond 65,000 psi.

Comment

Browning hands down for hunting. Super accurate light weight and great trigger.

Comment

I just went through this decision and landed on the Bergara Ridge. I’m really pleased with the gun and it shoots well. It’s a bit on the heavier side, but I can manage carrying it the 1/4 mile from my truck to the blind just fine. If that ever becomes a burden, I’ll park closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd pick the Bergara because the X Bolt doesn't fit me well. The comb is too low. Plus, they're an amazing value for the price.

6.5 Man Bun is an excellent target cartridge. With hunting bullets you can do the job with it. However, it would be far from my first choice for someone not an experienced hunter or excellent marksman. It just doesn't give you much margin for error and doesn't pack the whallop that so many other cartridges do.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                        I'd pick the Bergara because the X Bolt doesn't fit me well. The comb is too low. Plus, they're an amazing value for the price.

6.5 Man Bun is an excellent target cartridge. With hunting bullets you can do the job with it. However, it would be far from my first choice for someone not an experienced hunter or excellent marksman. It just doesn't give you much margin for error and doesn't pack the whallop that so many other cartridges do.
                        Well, I kind of suck at shooting. Oh, wait, is this Leigh? I can shoot the the thing off a fly at 100-yards lol.

Now, if I can just get our friend to do a deal for the friend, he would probably buy it from that shop.

Comment

I never understood why the 6.5 bullets didn't get more love 35 years ago. And understood what the 6.5 Sweed could do. I never owned one because I lacked the $$$ back then. And cartridges like the 30-378 were popular, which I never got to own either. I was a poor man back then. But still reloaded and shot a good bit, which helped keep me poor, I'm sure.

My brother bought a B-14 in 6.5 CM. And after running that barrel out, he had APR rebarrel it with a Bartlin in the same cartridge. He shoots a few times a week out at ETTS on the long range. Has over 4k rounds through the Bartlin. Just when he thinks he's going to need another barrel, he finds a way to squeak some more out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

The cartridge is fine. If you want to buy good factory Ammo it’s a good choice. If you are a hand loader you can outperform it pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Ridge in 300 wm , it is a bit heavier but with that you have a very good quality rifle with a super sweet trigger and it ISN’T made in Japan!

Comment

Working...
                              X