Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default 10/1 draws

where they at?
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Yak blue
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

They池e drawing now
Yak blue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
1riot1ranger
Ten Point
 
1riot1ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Gillespie County
Default

they drawed. I see a pending second notice on my ecard
1riot1ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #4
Deerguy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default

0-4 so far, still waiting on a duck hunt.
Deerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 04:51 PM   #5
doug
Ten Point
 
doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Humble TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Me and Glen got drawn for the e card gun hunt at Kerr WMA. Should be a good one!
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #6
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Me and Glen got drawn for the e card gun hunt at Kerr WMA. Should be a good one!
Awesome, good luck to you guys, we'll need a live hunt!
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 05:53 PM   #7
WinslowBoy
Eight Point
 
WinslowBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Hunt In: Trinity County, TPWD Public Hunts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Me and Glen got drawn for the e card gun hunt at Kerr WMA. Should be a good one!
My wife and I did the turkey hunt out there in March of this year. Talked to the staff about why they did an e-postcard deer hunt. They said the reason they went to the e-postcard hunt was they were able to offer it for a long hunt period. Apparently the max number of days on the GDE category the state allows is 5 days. They said it was a better opportunity for guys to be selective and shoot a true trophy. They even suggested hunters on this hunt bring feeders and set them up.

I was at the TX Big Game Awards this year in New Braunfels and saw that some fella shot a 171 inch deer on this hunt last year. Most out there won't make that score but biologist showed me some darn good trail cam pictures. Several most people wouldn't hesitate to shoot. Good luck on this one.
WinslowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
TXOUTLAW
Eight Point
 
TXOUTLAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Me and Glen got drawn for the e card gun hunt at Kerr WMA. Should be a good one!

I値l be there with you for the weekends. Does anyone know the closest accommodations/ campsite? 7 hunters and 3 from the green screen so far. Not bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #9
doug
Ten Point
 
doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Humble TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
Awesome, good luck to you guys, we'll need a live hunt!
Thanks I'll do it if Verizon works out there. I'm looking forward to experiencing a new place!

The better live hunt will be in January. We've been lucky this year and also drew a multi species hunt at the chap. We are gonna have Chew with us on that one. So it will be two retired cops and another in his final year or so. Should be a really good time with both of them!
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #10
doug
Ten Point
 
doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Humble TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBoy View Post
My wife and I did the turkey hunt out there in March of this year. Talked to the staff about why they did an e-postcard deer hunt. They said the reason they went to the e-postcard hunt was they were able to offer it for a long hunt period. Apparently the max number of days on the GDE category the state allows is 5 days. They said it was a better opportunity for guys to be selective and shoot a true trophy. They even suggested hunters on this hunt bring feeders and set them up.

I was at the TX Big Game Awards this year in New Braunfels and saw that some fella shot a 171 inch deer on this hunt last year. Most out there won't make that score but biologist showed me some darn good trail cam pictures. Several most people wouldn't hesitate to shoot. Good luck on this one.
Thanks for the info! Neither me or Glen really chase big deer these days. More looking for some memories on new dirt. That caliber of deer will definately get me going again though! Did yall see any exotics?
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #11
doug
Ten Point
 
doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Humble TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
I値l be there with you for the weekends. Does anyone know the closest accommodations/ campsite? 7 hunters and 3 from the green screen so far. Not bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im going to do some looking and will let you know what our plans are.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 09:18 PM   #12
ctom87
Ten Point
 
ctom87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Searching.
Default

Disregard the, uhh...stickers...couldn't figure out how to erase part of the screen shot and keep the other two sides. I am trying to figure out why 1 does not have pending 2nd draw and the others are showing that they haven't drawn yet?
Attached Images
 
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #13
TXOUTLAW
Eight Point
 
TXOUTLAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Im going to do some looking and will let you know what our plans are.

Thanks I知 starting to look too. If you find something you might want to split we値l try to work that out too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #14
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Hill McLennan Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctom87 View Post
disregard the, uhh...stickers...couldn't figure out how to erase part of the screen shot and keep the other two sides. I am trying to figure out why 1 does not have pending 2nd draw and the others are showing that they haven't drawn yet?
w t f?!
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 09:48 PM   #15
ctom87
Ten Point
 
ctom87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Searching.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
w t f?!
It's the equivalent of a pine cone out in the woods after taco Tuesday! Its all i had!!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 11:40 PM   #16
Army of Dad
Eight Point
 
Army of Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aubrey
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctom87 View Post
Disregard the, uhh...stickers...couldn't figure out how to erase part of the screen shot and keep the other two sides. I am trying to figure out why 1 does not have pending 2nd draw and the others are showing that they haven't drawn yet?

I seem to recall the waterfowl hunts all drew late last year too. I called and the person I talked to said that痴 because they wait to make sure they can actually do the hunts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Army of Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #17
1riot1ranger
Ten Point
 
1riot1ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Gillespie County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Me and Glen got drawn for the e card gun hunt at Kerr WMA. Should be a good one!
Hope you have a great hunt. But if you can't accept it I hope I draw it in the losers round.
1riot1ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #18
Deerguy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default

They wait to see if the rains fill the wetlands or if they get too much rain.
Deerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #19
WinslowBoy
Eight Point
 
WinslowBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Hunt In: Trinity County, TPWD Public Hunts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Thanks for the info! Neither me or Glen really chase big deer these days. More looking for some memories on new dirt. That caliber of deer will definately get me going again though! Did yall see any exotics?
We did not see any exotics and the staff said they have a few but not something they see regularly. We did see a bunch of deer and multiple hogs. Not sure what the bag limit is for your hunt but they have not allowed hogs to be shot in past hunts. They are doing "research" on them so I believe that is the reason. Had several within shotgun range on our turkey hunt and would have liked to have slipped a slug in and popped one.

As far as accomodations, the MO ranch is right next door. They have guest rooms, cottages and other lodging types. It can get a little pricey though depending on availabililty. We stayed in a hotel in Kerrville and the drive was not bad at all. About 25 miles one way. Also a bunch of AirBnB places in the Hunt area. May be able to pick one up for a reasonable price.

Good luck on this one and the Chap hunt.
WinslowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-07-2021, 06:59 AM   #20
CAP
Four Point
 
CAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Default

Still have a few undrawn waterfowl entries. I guess they値l lump them into the mid October drawing now.
CAP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #21
CTR0022
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP View Post
Still have a few undrawn waterfowl entries. I guess they値l lump them into the mid October drawing now.
Alot of times they don't draw those hunts till early December. They wait to see if they will have water to hunt or not. If we don't have a wet winter and there is no water they don't draw them.
CTR0022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com