Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Guy said he wanted my shotgun 100%. He would pick it up the next week. Heard nothing, so I texted him. He apologized, said his whole family had COVID, but he would send someone to pick it up the next week. Nothing, then he ghosted me. I had taken it down off the classified for almost 3-weeks. The good news is that I had another buyer. I just can't imagine the lack of conscience you have to have to do that. I mean just say you don't want it. From now on, it's for sale until money in hand. Fool me once.

Well, at least you didn't take a day off work and drive 6 hours

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems to be pretty common.

Comment

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
        Seems to be pretty common.
        That's ashamed. I've sold and bought a bunch of stuff here, and this one a-hole is the fly in the ointment. Would be interesting to know if he really had COVID, but I guess I'll leave that alone.

Comment

Same thing happened to me except it was just some broadheads. Said he wanted them, he lives pretty close to me, haven’t heard from him since.

Comment

Ya that’s no good.

I kind of did the reverse...I spoke for a rifle on here that a friend of mine said he wanted. Seller said it was mine even though we hadn’t worked out payment yet, and he closed the thread. Before I sent payment, my friend backed out. Now I own a very nice rifle that I didn’t want.

Comment

You aren't the only one.

Comment

Just completed ammo trade we've been trying to set up meet for 3 weeks but we kept in contact

Comment

Sometimes the logistics are hard, but so far I am 100% pleased.
                  Especially with the last three sales and purchases.
                  None of the logistics were easy. But all good.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Ya that’s no good.

I kind of did the reverse...I spoke for a rifle on here that a friend of mine said he wanted. Seller said it was mine even though we hadn’t worked out payment yet, and he closed the thread. Before I sent payment, my friend backed out. Now I own a very nice rifle that I didn’t want.
                    You are stand up dude

Comment

Hum, just for a thought. Someone could be DEAD due to covid. Heck, he could be dead....lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Hum, just for a thought. Someone could be DEAD due to covid. Heck, he could be dead....lol!
                        He said they "were on the back end of it", so not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          He said they "were on the back end of it", so not likely.
                          Relapse, LOL........i have know idea but I tend not to get overly worked up when more than 1 person is involved.......but I deaux understand.

Comment

I’ve had to back out of a deal before. Agreed to buy a bow and arranged to meet the next weekend. Mid week had a water leak that took everything I had saved up to get it fixed.
                            But... I communicated with the guy 100 percent of the time. I still feel like an azz but I didn’t ghost him.
                            Things happen, best to stay in communication and usually there’s no hard feelings involved.

Comment

Unfortunately, it isn't just here. Happening more in more in the business world too.

Comment

Working...
                              X