New Tire Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tire Recommendation

About to get new set of tires for the truck.

Had BF Goodrich K02 for last couple of years and been good tires but I found them pretty noisy. Don't need heavy off road capability and really just firm dirt roads for the most part with a bit of sand and some mud here and there but nothing major. More concerned with on road performance and noise.

Looking at:
    Michelin LTX AT2
    Cooper Discovery AT3 4S & XLT
    Pirelli Scorpion AT+

Any input on road handling and noise on these?

Thanks.

Michelin LTX AT2

I have had 2 sets of these, but running Hankook`s now. The Michelins are worth the extra money.

Comment

Cooper at3
      Pathfinder a/t are cheaper and pretty tough ( made by hankook)
      My buddy runs Michelin LTX AT2 on highway and very light off-road/ gravel road and dry dirt ranch roads

Comment

I am a fan of the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain with Kevlar. I am on my 3rd set (with 2 different trucks), and I like them a lot. 60,000 mile treadwear warranty.

Shop Goodyear Wrangler® All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar® tires online at Goodyear.com. Buy tires online and get free shipping to your local Goodyear tire shop.

Comment

Cooper AT3 will be the a good mix of highway and offroad performance.
          I've run the BFG, Cooper AT3 and the Michelin LTX AT2 on my f 250 and all have performed well. I got the best mileage out of the Michelin, best off road performance out of the BFG and the cooper were somewhere in the middle. Can't go wrong with any but if your going to spend any time off road the Michelin are the least desireable of the 3.

Comment

Thanks TBH for the quick replies!

I think the Michelin may be best option for me with the amount of on road vs off road I do. Heck, that is why I bought a Ranger! I overdid it with K02s last time even though they were good tires. Just tired of road noise...

Comment

Definitely go with that Michelin if you're not planning on being off-road very much. Those are tough to beat on the highway and mileage wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                Definitely go with that Michelin if you're not planning on being off-road very much. Those are tough to beat on the highway and mileage wise.
                I bought a set of Michelin’s to replace the factory Goodyear wranglers, and I’m not sure it was a good choice at this point. The wranglers lasted 70,000 miles. Probably won’t get to 60K on the Michelin’s even though they’re supposed to be a 70K tire.

The wranglers didn’t handle wet roads well. I have no performance issues with the michelins other than longevity. They handle and brake exceptionally well, but they aren’t holding up like I expected them too. Considering what they cost compared to other options, I’m probably buying something else next time.

D

Comment

I had couple sets of BFG’s. They didn’t seem to last two long. Since I have switched to Hankook, seems to handle better and are not as soft and not as noisy on my truck. I recently got my second set of Hankook and they are not as expensive as those other name brand tires.

Comment

Take a look at Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Been really impressed with them up here in Colorado. When my 2500 Suburban and 2500 4x4 Dodge need tires that is what will be going on there Im pretty sure. Best price I could find was off Amazon. They were on my last 2500 Suburban and we were in the mountains snow wheeling. Shoving snow with front bumper, couldnt open doors deep. They chugged right through. Alot of Jeep guys run them.

Comment

Michelin LTX AT2

You won't find a better tire on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        Michelin LTX AT2

You won't find a better tire on the road.
                        Just pulled these off after 74,000 miles. No complaints and didn’t expect to get that many miles out of em for sure. This was on a gasser 2500HD. Went with the BFG K02s. We’ll see how they last.

Comment

If minimal road noise is the priority, the Michelins are your tire. Just don't expect them to perform noticeably better than highway tires offroad.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                            Just pulled these off after 74,000 miles. No complaints and didn’t expect to get that many miles out of em for sure. This was on a gasser 2500HD. Went with the BFG K02s. We’ll see how they last.
                            I replaced both sets of mine because the were 7 years old and had about 65000 miles with weather cracks on the sidewalls pretty bad. They could have gone another 15000 easily if they were newer tires.

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                              Take a look at Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Been really impressed with them up here in Colorado. When my 2500 Suburban and 2500 4x4 Dodge need tires that is what will be going on there Im pretty sure. Best price I could find was off Amazon. They were on my last 2500 Suburban and we were in the mountains snow wheeling. Shoving snow with front bumper, couldnt open doors deep. They chugged right through. Alot of Jeep guys run them.
                              I run the same tires on my truck and they have been great. I run them all over the ranch roads without issue and they are quiet for the amount of performance. Tires are so overpriced, I went looking for something that would last and not have the tire salesmen laughing at me as they head to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X