No announcement yet.

Beginning of rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a couple of pairs of bucks do some light sparring this weekend, but the bucks were still more grouped up than spread out, and there was no real chasing going on. I did see one buck do the typical late morning cruise by the feeder without stopping. Schleicher county. I'd say nothing too rutty looking.

Comment

The OP is confused seeing a doe take a whizz verses the rut I guess but that’s ok, we all have to learn how Mother Nature works somehow.

The ruts very close to being in full swing in SE Oklahoma, I checked a couple of our places this morning and I saw several smaller bucks pushing doe’s and one big shooter standing in the middle of a 90 acre wheat field. Our mature deer have left thr home ranges in the last several days so thr starting to roam. We’ve got a ton of acorns and pecans falling and the doe’s are hammering them so I’m heading to the woods this afternoon for Spanky in hopes he comes by checking doe’s. It’s that magical time of the year giants fall up here.

Comment

I had two bucks chasing 4 doe (1 black doe) Sat. morning and bucks are living at the feeders waiting on the doe to show up in Navarro County. Rut has always been the last few weeks of Oct.
        Last edited by 7sdad; 10-18-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I live outside of Beaumont towards China, and they've been going pretty hard the last week. Saturday morning we watched em run all over the place from the back porch. Also seeing quite a few dead ones around the house on the roads when that is something you rarely see around here outside of the rut.

Comment

I think typically the farther north you go the later the rut. I hunt every season in the far north Texas Panhandle, their rut is usually on Thanksgiving week. Exception to this is i used to hunt deep S. Texas and I'm thinking it was in December before it was on there.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Nothing going on in East Texas in Panola county. Our bucks haven’t even shown up yet. Lots of doe on camera but no bucks other than a couple of young spikes. As of a week ago, no scrapes haven’t even been made yet.
              Same here in Upsher and smith county. Did find 2 small scrapes under a licking branch on Saturday. I’m expecting things to really pick up by the middle or end of next week week.

Comment

I live on a ski lake that is basically a big oval with an island down the middle to break up the waves. Every year when the rut starts I see a group of does on the island. They are never on it the rest of the year but I guess when the bucks start harassing them they swim out. Island had 6 doe on it this morning. I expect Montgomery County will be starting soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                  I live on a ski lake that is basically a big oval with an island down the middle to break up the waves. Every year when the rut starts I see a group of does on the island. They are never on it the rest of the year but I guess when the bucks start harassing them they swim out. Island had 6 doe on it this morning. I expect Montgomery County will be starting soon.
                  Dude that is so rad lol!!!

Comment

Friday night I was waiting on a pig to get out from under the feeder and a buck running a doe go full speed right by the feeder and scared to poop out of that boar. He took of and never gave me a shot. There is something beginning to stir in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                      Dude that is so rad lol!!!
                      Here is a Pic. Last year we had a nice 10 push a hot doe on to the island away from the small bucks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
                        Yesterday morning I watched 3 different bucks chasing does in Fayette county. Usually we are 2nd week of November. Made for a fun hunt to film and watch!

Second week in November is usually the second rut. Been hunting Fayette County for 26 years and they always rut in early to mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Liberty County this morning a wide heavy 10 was locked on a doe right across the fence from our county road. Doe was in the ditch between the road and fence. Neither moved as I went by. Saw the same pair Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                            Second week in November is usually the second rut. Been hunting Fayette County for 26 years and they always rut in early to mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Did not know that! We got on late last year (mid october) so I guess we weren't seeing enough yet. Had a lot of action in November though.

Comment

Working...
                            X