Traditional FSC Week 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 41

This week let's shoot at roughly heart-size targets from trad hunting range.

Target: (as shown below) fold a piece of 8.5x11 copy paper twice to create four quadrants. With paper vertical, number these quadrants 1, 2, 3, 4, starting at top left and going around clockwise. Make a dot in the middle of each number, which should be in the center of its quadrant.

Shooting: on the first shots of a day, from 12 yards (6 for kids), using any stance, shoot one arrow at the dot on each number. Start at the top left square "1", then go around clockwise. Goal is to "hit" each quadrant as close to the dot on each number as possible. Touching a fold-line counts as a hit. Can be counted for either quadrant it touches. Person with the most "hits" in the intended quadrants wins next week's challenge call. Winner is for a single day's effort, with up to 4 days' tries allowed.

Measure the one arrow closest to it's intended number, nearest part of shaft to center of dot. This is the tie-breaker.

Have fun and good luck!

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tradtiger; 10-10-2021, 10:23 AM.

Day1: 3 hits. Closest 1 3/4”
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice, Briar! Barely off of the fourth hit.

Comment

Day 1: 1 hit.

A bit left on the other three. (The shot in the 1-square was meant for the 2-square, so no hit )

Also, no measure, since 3-hit score already posted and no need for tie-breaker with fewer hits.

Rule clarification: since touching a crease counts, so should touching the side of paper. (Which my shot at 4 was, but not taking it, since it wasn't spelled out yet.)

Last edited by tradtiger; 10-10-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Day 2: 1 hit…2 shots. I waited to late to shoot and my range got over run. I should put the cradle rope swing elsewheres. Then supper was called. I got got. First off was bout 1/2” or so from point. Second shot went errant with fear of overrun.

Comment

Forces of Nature. Whatcha gonna do?

Comment

Day 3: 2 hits no measure.
              1 four fletch
              2 3 fletch
              3 lighted nock
              4 bareshaft
              Attached Files

Comment

Day 1: 2 hits

Comment

Day 4: 3 hits. 1 1/8” shot 3of4.
                  I shot out of order. 1243. 3fletch went errant on 3 for 4th shot. No excuse.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-14-2021, 07:22 PM. Reason: Day4Not3Spake

Comment

Real nice, Briar!
                    Glad to see Reb back in the fray.
                    I had a truck power window semi-emergency to deal with; fixed it, though, now!
                    Will shoot again tomorrow.

Comment

Day 2: 3 hits. Closest was the second shot at 1-1/4".

Comment

Good shooting TT.

Comment

Thanks, Briar. Was going good on first two, then pulled the third shot left. Got the last back on track.

Comment

Briar: your call, with the Day 4 three hits including a closest of 1-1/8". Not too worried that a shot was out of order but you still got the three intended. Congrats. Nice shooting!

Comment

Thanks. Ill post a target after while.

Comment

Working...
                              X