This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    If he’s not trolling he knows less about football than I thought. [emoji23][emoji23]
    Who me? How do you figure?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Who me? How do you figure?

Here’s how I figure. You rank Sark above Fisher? You rank Sark above Riley? Am I reading it wrong?

Comment

I guess you are reading it wrong.

I didn't rank anyone.

Coach of the year is generally an over achiever, right?

Comment

I guess you are reading it wrong.

I didn't rank anyone.

Ok I’ll agree. Going with that criteria. However, obviously that’s not the criteria they are using. Sark is not dealing with a bunch of underachievers and Smart dang sure ain’t.
          Last edited by oktx; 10-15-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Unless you’re a “media darling” and there’s a vested interest in creating a false narrative that you’re farther “baaaaaaack” than you actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Ok I’ll agree. Going with that criteria. However, obviously that’s not the criteria they are using. Sark is not dealing with a bunch of underachievers and Smart dang sure ain’t.
              Sark shouldn't be on any list much less the COY. His team is about as expected so far. That is just one person that said him. Lol. Season is only half over though.

Agreed on Smart.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-15-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                Unless you’re a “media darling” and there’s a vested interest in creating a false narrative that you’re farther “baaaaaaack” than you actually are.
                Texas is pretty much where I thought they would be at this point in the season. I did not expect the loss to Arkansas but expected to get tripped up atleast one other game and tally it as a loss.

As far as being a media darling, that can’t be any further than the truth. Texas is hated by everyone outside the University, team, alums and fanbase.

If Texas can their legs on defense, the team will be fine!

Good luck to your boys this weekend!

Comment

Ags - 35
                  Mizzou - 17

Horns - 48
                  Pokes - 42

Gators - 31
                  Tigers - 14

Georgia - 27
                  Kentucky - 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coaches in Texas I'd place ahead of Sark:

Dave Aranda
                    Sonny Dykes
                    Jeff Traylor

Big 12

Gundy

That's the first half of the season. It could change starting tomorrow at 11am.

Add Dana Dimel to the Texas list and you are spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                      Add Dana Dimel to the Texas list and you are spot on.
                      That's the UTEP guy. Yes.

Comment

That's the UTEP guy. Yes.

Yea I saw where you said him after I read the entire post. My bad. One of my best friends is with him at Utep. Doing a great job but man, that conference is WAY down! But, as I said earlier in this thread, it’s all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                          Yea I saw where you said him after I read the entire post. My bad. One of my best friends is with him at Utep. Doing a great job but man, that conference is WAY down! But, as I said earlier in this thread, it’s all relative.
                          Good luck to SMU. I'm pulling for y'all.

Comment

Not sure about Texas/OkSt final score but it is for sure Gundy's cowboys will be ahead at half time. Hoping for a win but it will be close.

Aggies by 50 and the backup QB gets some reps.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              Not sure about Texas/OkSt final score but it is for sure Gundy's cowboys will be ahead at half time. Hoping for a win but it will be close.

Aggies by 50 and the backup QB gets some reps.
                              I think the key to Texas vs Okie State is for Texas to jump on them quickly and make Spencer throw the ball. Gundy wants to run the ball and play defense and does not want to get into a shootout with Texas. It is amazing how Gundy continues to reinvent himself and that team with the trends in the Big 12. I hope we see a hungry and fast Texas team out of the gates on Saturday morning.

Then we can worry about the 4th quarter that Texas has sucked when we get there.

Comment

I’m confident that the Cowboy’s defense can keep it from being a runaway even though they will probably give up a couple big plays - Texas offense is the most explosive we’ve seen this year. The bye week has helped us get healthy at receiver but it’s mostly going to come down to Spencer Sanders. We’ve been waiting for 3 years for his decision making to catch-up with his talent – he shows it in flashes but still has a bad panic throw or three every game. He is very mobile which I think will give the Horns D some trouble. Given how the Cowboys defense has been playing, if we can score in the 30’s I think have a good chance of coming away with the W.

Comment

Working...
                                X