No announcement yet.

First time CPAP user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you get a good night sleep with it, you’ll be hooked. Going on 35 years using one and sleep like a fat baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are you over weight? I would get a body composition done sand focus on your diet as weightloss.

I had it but it was neurological. It seems to have subsided.0

Comment

Weight can have a lot to do with it but not the only issue. As I've gained weight mine hasn't gotten worse. As I've lost weight it hasn't gotten better. But I've always had a medium case. I can't imagine what a severe case would feel like.

I've tried every mouthpiece from $25 to $1700. None of them have worked for me. I am considering that implant but I'm not sold on it. It would be nice to take a nap and not snore badly and also sleep well when I don't have the device. Like waiting in the parking lot for my wife or while I'm driving long distances. That one's the hardest. I keep waking up and have to correct which lane I'm in.

Comment

Got mine just under a year ago. Mine is the full mask since I’m a mouth breather. Like others, it took about 2 weeks and now I’m good with it. Glad I have it

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            Weight can have a lot to do with it but not the only issue. As I've gained weight mine hasn't gotten worse. As I've lost weight it hasn't gotten better. But I've always had a medium case. I can't imagine what a severe case would feel like.

I've tried every mouthpiece from $25 to $1700. None of them have worked for me. I am considering that implant but I'm not sold on it. It would be nice to take a nap and not snore badly and also sleep well when I don't have the device. Like waiting in the parking lot for my wife or while I'm driving long distances. That one's the hardest. I keep waking up and have to correct which lane I'm in.
            Glad I'm not the only one [emoji1787]

Comment

My first night was rough, but after y’all suggested in/out with my nose only, I’ve had two great nights of sleep.
              I’m still getting the dental appliance to see which is better. If it works out, I may alternate the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear nasal pillows....give it time....it’s worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Southernhunters View Post
                  I wear nasal pillows....give it time....it’s worth it!

That’s what I have too.

Comment

I tried a cpap about 12 years ago couldn't do it? I have really bad apnea. I may have to look into the bi pap thing

Comment

There are typically two camps on these things. You either love it or hate it, not much in between. I've been using one regularly for over 7 years now. It's been a great benefit to me. A life changer for the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X