No announcement yet.

Losing vision in my right eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying now for all you guys with eye issues! I truly hope you all recover completely. My wife just had eye surgery on one eye due to her autoimmune disease at UT Southwestern Wednesday. I highly recommend the Doctors there.

Comment

Prayer up bud.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        The pattern you describe sounds suspiciously similar to migraine activity. Just curious, is there a history of migraines in your family? Or seizures...epileptic, febrile, childhood, or other idiopathic cause?

I ask, not just out of my own curiosity, but because I wonder whether or not migraine meds (or other CNS meds like anti-seizure medication) might be indicated here and, if so, whether you and/or OP might benefit from seeing a neurologist who specializes in disorders of the somatosensory cortex.

Just thinking out loud.
        No sir no history epilepsy or the like....I get migraines fairly regularly though.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
              No sir no history epilepsy or the like....I get migraines fairly regularly though.

What do you take for them?

Comment

Hate to hear this, prayers up for you.

Comment

The pattern you describe sounds suspiciously similar to migraine activity. Just curious, is there a history of migraines in your family? Or seizures...epileptic, febrile, childhood, or other idiopathic cause?

I ask, not just out of my own curiosity, but because I wonder whether or not migraine meds (or other CNS meds like anti-seizure medication) might be indicated here and, if so, whether you and/or OP might benefit from seeing a neurologist who specializes in disorders of the somatosensory cortex.

Just thinking out loud.
                  No migraines or anything else like that.

What CSR is when the tiny vessels in your eyes start leaking fluid for some unknown reason. You're basically looking through the leaking fluid. It definitely diminishes the vision in that eye. Low light conditions are when it affects me the most. I've had a few times while bow hunting when I would draw back and try to look through my peep sights and not be able to see my target. It always goes away within a few weeks for me.

OP, try to get plenty of rest, de-stress things in your life, stay hydrated, and try to cut back on your caffeine intake.

Comment

Prayers sent. Hope the docs can fix you up. I have a dot in my left eye from burning it welding years ago. Good luck to you.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers for healing.

Comment

What do you take for them?
                          Just motrin. It doesn't take it completely away, but it helps me manage the pain.

Comment

Prayers for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                              So I noticed one night, when I was using my phone, that there was a yellow "blob" on the screen of my phone. As moved my eyes around the screen the "blob" would follow where ever I was looking on the screen. I closed my right eye and kept the left eye open it disappeared, but when I opened my right eye and closed my left I would see it. I thought I might have looked at a bright light when I walked around the house and the "after image" was still in my vision.

Over the next couple of days I noticed the "image" was still there in the center of my vision in my right eye. After a couple weeks the yellow blob turned into a shadow in my line of sight (right eye only). It was then that I started to get worried. I could no longer pinpoint crosshairs in my scope or the pins when I was looking through the peep on my bow. Especially in low light conditions.

As a hunter my eyes are necessary! I started thinking if I was going to have to start learning to use my other eye and shoot left handed.

Well I went the eye doctor yesterday, and was diagnosed with Central Serous Retinopathy. I was given a prescription of two different eye drops. So we'll see how it goes.

If you guys can send some prayers up for a fellow hunter I would really appreciate it. Thanks
                              I had central serous retinopathy last year and thankfully my vision returned to normal with the diuretic therapy. Took about 6 weeks to get back to normal with meds. Prayers for a quick recovery!

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Working...
                                X