Hunt County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt County Rut

What is everyone seeing for the Hunt County rut? I’ve seen young bucks chase but not the big mature ones.

just seeing a bunch small does around the bottoms off FM 1565, past 276, nothing of any size

Comment

Small bucks are bothering the gals right now, haven't seen the big boys running yet. Probably won't be long!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
        Small bucks are bothering the gals right now, haven't seen the big boys running yet. Probably won't be long!
        That’s what I’m thinking.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I got my first nice looking young buck on camera last week and once already this week. The doe are at my feeders just about every day along with a couple young fork horned bucks. This if off FM 36 between 276 and I30.

Comment

I'm in Hopkins Co. not sure about the Rut situation there yet....
              On Monday I saw a buck run across the pasture in front of me, it stopped to look my direction and then hauled *** into the trees again, when I looked at the direction it came from, a bigger but younger buck was chasing it off... I think Hopkins County (not far from Hunt Co.) has started, should be good this week, plan on going out on Friday or Saturday again.

BTW,
              That bigger buck is at the possession of "Shake-N-Bake" for a skull mount.

Comment

I am off hwy 2101 on Lake Tawakoni.

Comment

Working...
                X