Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ft. McKavett Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ft. McKavett Area

Everyone going to the area of Schleicher County be careful of the weather this weekend. It has rained close to 15" in the last few weeks. The San Saba has gone over in several places. Pastures are wet and saturated. Last weekend it came another 3" and the low water crossing went over, Highway 190 was closed in many places. Now today, it has rained again, with more rain each day this week.
    With this much rain happening on saturated ground low water crossing will be coming up again....be careful driving and don't get off main roads and rut up pastures and the farm roads...

good info

Comment

We are off 190 just west of menard. Same issue last month or so. Going to give it a try this weekend. Rest of the week looks ok so maybe it will dry out enough by Friday to get the camper in.

Comment

Headed out there tomorrow. Hope it isn’t too bad

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
          Headed out there tomorrow. Hope it isn’t too bad
          Let us know. I would be curious. I am pulling my camper. If I cant get it to the camp site I may have to store it on the side of the hwy somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Let us know. I would be curious. I am pulling my camper. If I cant get it to the camp site I may have to store it on the side of the hwy somewhere
            Will do. Low water crossings should be our only concern on Waddell

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
              Will do. Low water crossings should be our only concern on Waddell
              Luckily I don't have any of those. Most our place is up on top a mountain. Maybe just a little muddy in some low spots but that's why I have a 6" lift and 35" mudders right?

Comment

I was in Menard last weekend setting up. The San Saba was definately out of its banks, but didn't cause a problem. But I went down East 190 towards Brady.

Comment

It is still really wet anywhere the ground is flat. We missed the rain that was predicted for yesterday so conditions are improving slowly. It has been overcast so not drying as quickly as normal. Mike is right, really wet around McKavett as that area has received the most rain as of late.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

I went to FT. Mc last Thursday and looked nice, but one of my hunters got stuck when he travel to his stand...On Friday morning ay 5:00 it started raining, not down pour but a good steady rain. By 1:00pm one a low spot in front on the house was 2-3 deep and really running strong. I decide to leave and get out, I found the FM 874 to I-10 closed and FM 1674 to hwy 190 closed. I saw a highway patrol car and asked them what is road is opened. He let me thru FM 1674 to get to Hwy 190 but water was going across the roadway. Hwy 190 to Eldorado/Sonora was already closed.

Comment

Roads are good 190 to Waddell.

Comment

How about down Waddell

Comment

Due to all the rain the gnats are as bad as I've seen in 20 years between Brady and Menard... Horrible.. A lot of "seed" ticks too..

Comment

Thanks for all the updates and good luck fellow neighbors!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
                              How about down Waddell
                              Rough on the front half with lots of potholes but nothing to worry about

Comment

Working...
                              X