Good things never last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
    Shut the feeders down, pull the batteries, bring in the cameras. If they want to play, let them bring their on toys.
    yep

Comment

I've got the same problem with neighbors across the road and next to me. I would pull the batteries too and hope they get bored when they have to put in any work.

Comment

Tag out and move on.

Comment

Man, I feel for you.

Hope you tag out and find a better place.

Comment

We had a similar thing happen on our lease. The guy supposedly running everything set guidelines for what to kill but it didn't apply to him. He had his head so far up the ranch owner that he could do a colonoscopy. When we tried to change things, the ranch owner said talk to the idiot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You knew this would happen right? Heck, I worry about losing out after blood and sweat AND spending thousands. You never know (unless you have a long term lease agreement in writing and that could even fall apart).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an unfortunate situation. However, don't burn any bridges. Life is too short and you never know what may happen by the end of the season. He may be begging you to come back and hunt it for free just simply bc you took care of the place and are a good steward of the property. Don't let your frustrations make you do things you wouldn't normally do. If you do the right thing it will always pay off in the end.

Comment

I understand the frustration but still sounds like a free place to hunt. Next year make those families maintain their own spots and carry on.

Comment

I can see it from the other family's point of view also. They were given permission for themselves and their kids to go have a good time and enjoy the outdoors and kill anything thats legal. Then they go up there and buzzkillington tries to tell them what they can and cannot kill beyond the TP&W rule book.
                    Not knocking you by any means. I just see both sides. Good Luck and don't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

Shut the feeders down, pull the batteries, bring in the cameras. If they want to play, let them bring their on toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        I can see it from the other family's point of view also. They were given permission for themselves and their kids to go have a good time and enjoy the outdoors and kill anything thats legal. Then they go up there and buzzkillington tries to tell them what they can and cannot kill beyond the TP&W rule book.
                        Not knocking you by any means. I just see both sides. Good Luck and don't lose any sleep over it.

I was thinking the same thing.
                        I just like killing deer.
                        To me they are one notch up from squirrel hunting but the biggest deer on the place is still just a deer.
                        I am always happy when someone gets a deer, doe , spike, or 150" it is all still just getting a deer

Comment

Bingo.

I would have pulled all of my stuff off or at least done this above.

They wouldn't get to hunt my feeders and stands.

Comment

Yeah it sounds like your in a no good situation there I had the same thing happen to me a few times on my exes parents place . You put in all the hard work and pass bucks just for them to come in and kill them . Just go get you a lease it will work out better for you .

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                              I understand the frustration but still sounds like a free place to hunt. Next year make those families maintain their own spots and carry on.
                              x2

I get that you put a lot of time, effort and money into it but this is the risk you run on hunting someone else's land. Leases get sold all the time and the leasers are SOL.

Comment

Picky? shoot whatever you want fill your freezer...why not??

Comment

Working...
                                X