No announcement yet.

Jack Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m so far behind I don’t see how some of y’all watch do much Tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Short season is right. We just finished episode 8 and realized it was done. Jim Halpert is a baadazzz.

Now waiting for the new season on:

GOT

Fortitude

Sneaky Pete

Bosch

Absentia (not sure there will be one)

Gotta like some Jim Halpert. I started watching the office again and am catching some stuff I didn’t notice or see the first time that’s pretty funny. My wife is watching it again too. But this is her 11th time to watch the entire series from start to finish. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Binge watched it. I really liked it but I am a fan of the books so I would have probably liked it regardless.

Comment

I read several months ago that Amazon already green lighted the 2nd season even before the first season was released. The article didn't say when the 2nd season will come out, but I am eagerly awaiting it.

Comment

Good show. Hope they have another season!!!

Comment

Great show! The wife and I got hooked. Binged it in a week haha Crossing my fingers they make another season!

Comment

so I am the odd man out I like to read ( have read the books) and the show is hacked together with bits and pieces of the book story line?? HA HA not even close ,

The actors WOW its like Jack Reacher and the star being Tom Cruise HA HA 5'7 guy trying to play the role of a 6'3 guy Made it through 3 of the episodes and cannot watch any more of it .

as for another season the ratings are not great and its up in the air from what I read , criticized is a under statement and its a gloss over at best .

its a shame as Tom Clancey did a great job with his books .

jack reacher was much closer and it was a copy of a copy . so jack ryan is what you get

just one guys opinion who in fact still reads books made of paper . HA HA

Comment

Wife and I are All In For this o show !!

We are half way thru the season....

Comment

Good show compared to others. Books are much better but you have to look at how long a Clancy novel is compared to 43 minutes of TV. You can't get it all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Good show compared to others. Books are much better but you have to look at how long a Clancy novel is compared to 43 minutes of TV. You can't get it all in.

I agree and if others read the books the movie is the lacking part . But if you want basic entertainment and you have not read the books I can almost see the appeal

Even so many movies / series have been based on novel's and they can follow a story line .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                        I agree and if others read the books the movie is the lacking part . But if you want basic entertainment and you have not read the books I can almost see the appeal

Even so many movies / series have been based on novel's and they can follow a story line .
                        The primary criticism I have with the show is that the main characters, Jack, his wife, and Greer, are sanitized compared to the characters in the book. Ryan and his wife are devout Catholics. Greer was a retired Admiral and his religion was not discussed in the books. Even with that, it is still decent entertainment. It's not the Ryan I am familiar with though.

Comment

We are talking about Amazon Prime right?
                          I believe I have watched the first couple of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            I agree. Anybody that expects a movie or series to be the same as a book, has unrealistic expectations in my opinion. They are separate from each other and don't need to be 100% the same to be entertaining. I read a lot, probably 3 books a week, sometimes more as I don't sleep much. But when I watch TV or a movie, I actually don't want it to be a mirror of the book. It makes it more interesting to me.

Comment

I flew through it in the first weekend. Looking forward to the second season.

Comment

Main character casting was terrible IMO. A skinny liberal beta comedian playing a bad *** is a tough sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X