No announcement yet.

Rotator Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update us on the rehab, I’ve been putting off my shoulder for years. Wife finally made me get it looked at this past year, torn rotator and torn labrum. Not to scare you but from what I’ve heard the worst part is the rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
      Update us on the rehab, I’ve been putting off my shoulder for years. Wife finally made me get it looked at this past year, torn rotator and torn labrum. Not to scare you but from what I’ve heard the worst part is the rehab.
      I’m in the sling for 2 weeks, no mobility at all. He will tell me then what is next. He told my wife if I did anything it will not be good.
      He found my shoulder had been broke which caused the gap in my socket space. Not sure when it broke but it’s been a while. Still feeling good with no pain or swelling.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Been there, done that with the cuff...just be DANG sure to do the rehab faithfully!! If you get lazy and let it freeze up you will regret it as I DID! Good luck, all will be fine!
        Had both repaired. The PT is key

Comment

2 week checkup was Wednesday, removed the stitches and said 2 more weeks in the sling. Doc said mine was a tough one nd he didn't want to chance any problems. My wife gets to chauffeur me around for a little while longer.

Comment

Get better, miss my lunch buddy.

Comment

Keep using the sling and keep it immobilized, pt and rehab will come in due time.

I hope you are able to get some good rest.
              That’s what gave me the most trouble.
              Good luck.

Comment

Glad things are going well. The sling sucks but is for the best. I'm 7 weeks post op now and the "real" PT starts next week. Slow and steady wins the race. And DO your home range of motion exercises without fail!

Comment

PT is a must. The space pillow I was told to use wasn't any help, I still have a slight angle to my arm

Comment

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help ya out brother. Or if ya need anything.

Comment

Glad you're doing well and following doctors orders. This thread is bringing back thoughts when I had mine done. The key going forward is gonna be the physical therapy. Getting your range back won't be easy, but you will be good as new if you do what they tell ya. Good luck.

I'm also nearby and can help you if you need anything.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Getting your range back won't be easy,
                          Truer words have never been spoken. I'm still working on range of motion... that's the most frustrating part...

Comment

TIm, life will be better. Make the most of PT. That is the most crucial. I have 90+% range back from repair 10+ years ago. KJ

Comment

Glad things are going well for you in recovery. Congrats.

I was one of the dumb ones that kept putting this surgery off. I had it looked at by different surgeons prior to retirement they told me it had retracted back so much they didn’t recommend surgery. Have them repaired in a timely manner.

Comment

Glad to hear you are doing OK... I'm just across the pasture from you. You know you can call at any time and I'll come a runnin' if you or Pmag need anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X