What camper to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What camper to buy

I am starting a new chapter in my life and dont really want to rent and there isn't any house's in the area that I like so I began to think about travel trailers. I know very little about them so I'm here for guidance on quality, resale, etc. I am looking at around 30ft.ish in bumper pull...thats just my staring point.
    Thanks

Have owned several and my favorite is Keystone.

You will get allot of opinions but just go walk around in a bunch of brands and you will see the difference pretty easily.....

Comment

Go shopping and pick your favorite.

Comment

Make sure it has 2 AC units. Other than that just find a brand that has the floor plan you like best.

Comment

IMO, 50 amp is a must.

Comment

I have been looking (online) at a 2 private room KZ Sportsmen 33ft. but only 1 AC and not sure what amp

Comment

I inherited a 27ft Airstream. I had zero interest in campers prior to that. I always preferred tent camping and we have a house on our ranch, so no real use for one. However, when this thing came to me (that I never knew existed, I’ll add), I thought of just selling. Until it arrived and I messed with it one weekend at the ranch. Now I absolutely love it. They don’t have many of the features like slide-ours, etc., but really high quality, made in Ohio and just have a cool vibe. When a few friends have come out to the ranch, they have asked to stay in it. Also, really easy to pull. No idea what they price at new, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                I have been looking (online) at a 2 private room KZ Sportsmen 33ft. but only 1 AC and not sure what amp
                Prolly a 50 amp trailer "pre-wired" for the second a/c so they can sell you the second one. Easy to add the second a/c. You can actually add it with a separate plug of it's own on the outside of your trailer. Then you just plug it's own cord in to the 120 volt plug. So many older parks are 30 amp hook-ups so it's nice when it's a hunnerd outside! Enjoy!

Comment

Go shopping and get on the waiting list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How bad is it with the camper size refrigerator?

Comment

Go Tiffan, otherwise if that is out the budget (it was way out for us), go Jayco or Grand Design. Those are the highest quality out there.

Fridge is fine if it's just you. Don't, whatever you do, get a residential fridge. If it ever fails (and it will because it's not meant to be bounced around like an RV fridge), the shop will have to remove the entire slide to remove the fridge. And that isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                        How bad is it with the camper size refrigerator?
                        We’re on our 5th camper, a Columbus 5th wheel. It’s the first one we’ve had with a residential full size fridge. We would have a real hard time going back to a regular camper size because all of our kids (they’re all grown) and now grandkids still go with us most every time we camp/tailgate. This past weekend we had 8 staying in our camper and 10 more spend most of Saturday with us, a large fridge and ice maker are nice for that.

Comment

Got a 2018 jayco 267 I may be looking to sell. Hardly been used.
                          Last edited by jkk831; 11-16-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

My firs camper was a 26’ KZ Sportsman. Great trailer, no issues with leaks or other workmanship. Was stored outside in Del Rio during hunting season and Port O’Connor during the summer for 5 years.

Comment

I’m on my second 5th wheel and live in it part time for work. If you spend any real time in it, get an open living and kitchen area. I also second the need for 2 ac’s.

You don’t buy a camper for resale and and you’ll take a huge hit when you leave the lot, I’d look for that older couple who bought a new camper and only used it a couple of times and let them take the hit on resale value.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X