Shoot Stingers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot Stingers?

Anyone shoot Magnus Stingers? If so, whats your opinion? Fly well? Cut a big hole? Tough?

They are my go to head for hogs. I shoot the 4 blade stingers but not the Buzzcut stingers because they are a lot harder to sharpen. Fly great and penetrate great. They are plenty tough enough but you will on occasion brake a blade especially on hogs if you stick one in the offside shoulder. I think the most hogs I killed with one head was 7. If a head gets damaged, you can send it back to Magnus for a free replacement even if the head was damaged from shooting into rocks, I've even heard that they will allow you to send a picture of the damaged head and then send you a replacement without having to send it in. They don't cut a big hole but I will take the penetration they get on big hogs over a the big cut heads any day.

Comment

One of the best broadheads and cheapest broadheads on the market for deer/hog sized animals. My wife shoots them and gets pass thru's on most deer she's shot and only shooting about 35 pound out of a Mathews Passion, 85 grain with the bleeder blades... Put it in the pump room and there's plenty of blood on the ground and a short track.

Comment

Have great luck with them. My son shot his first deer with one when he was 12. 40lbs complete pass through. The also have a lifetime warranty. Now if they get bent, wont sharpen or fly true you send them a phone pic of the head and they send you new ones. That simple..

Comment

I shoot the buzzcuts and have killed many animals from rabbits to elk. Haven’t had a problem yet if I do my job

Comment

I consider it the best blade made,,, I even practice with them out to 135 yards,,, I have yet to find another fixed head that will hang with them at that distance,,,, and I have done several groups of 5 arrows in just under 7" at that distance,,, so yes they fly extremely well,

Comment

Really good blood trail using them.

Comment

I shoot the buzzcuts. I like them a lot. They make a big hole, are cheap and fly well.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  I consider it the best blade made,,, I even practice with them out to 135 yards,,, I have yet to find another fixed head that will hang with them at that distance,,,, and I have done several groups of 5 arrows in just under 7" at that distance,,, so yes they fly extremely well,
                  Holy smokes. 135 yards. I need to step up my game.

Comment

I'm shooting the stingers this year. They fly great and having a lifetime warranty can't hurt.. I haven't been very happy with the sharpness of any bh out of the package . Stingers can be sharpened to a razor edge.. shot an axis doe with a muzzy tricar hb 2 weeks ago and wasn't impressed.. that's the first and last mechanical I'll ever shoot.. 125 grain 2 blade
                    Last edited by jds247; 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Are y'all shooting the 2 blade or 4 blade ones

Comment

Killed a pile of deer with the original 2 blades and a few with stingers.

They aren’t the toughest out there but dang is the warranty hard to beat

Comment

I got my wife using the 125gr 2 blades and they are great

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post
                            Are y'all shooting the 2 blade or 4 blade ones
                            Wife shoots the "4 blade" though it's really a 2 blade with bleeders...
                            They are very easy to sharpen too, or I guess I should say re-sharpen...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post
                              Holy smokes. 135 yards. I need to step up my game.
                              i don't hunt anywhere near that far but long range practice makes hunting distances very easy. i always use the 100 gr 4 blade, with 3" feathers

Comment

Working...
                              X