No announcement yet.

Best Front Load Washing Machine Brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of them!! My wife can't wait for our front loading pair to go out!! She'll be going back with top load regular style machines. She hates the front loads. Complains about not getting clothes clean enough. I hear about it almost every Sunday, yes dear when they go out you can get what you want.
    Last edited by Electrican; 08-14-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Best Front Load Washing Machine Brand?

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Man, I must be clean city folk. :-). I look like Pigpen most of the time and our Samsung front loaders have been great. Just replaced them as we are doing a full house remodel and my wife wanted to change colors. I kid you not. Replaced Samsung with Samsung and everything comes out clean.

Yeah with a top loader that the basin fills up your clothes are slopping around in a tub of dirty water the whole time. Kinda like being filthy and the going and sitting in a bathtub.

No thanks.

I’ve not had mold issues with our front load washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have Whirlpool top load and front loading dryer and are very satisfied. Those that want to deal with LG, best of luck for repairs. BTW, not anything I ever want to go thru again!!!!

Comment

Even though bearing and seal replacement is a given, I’ve gone back to the manual dial, front loading Maytag Neptune stacking washer/dryer. These are the full size stacking sets. I can diagnose any problem fairly quick. What helps is to change out the wax motors every five years or less and that will save the circuit board. For those unfamiliar with a wax motor, it’s a tiny part that moves in a linear motion to lock and unlock the washer door. If it fails it will cause an area of the circuit board to burn. When that happens the door will no longer lock and the washer won’t or can’t go into the spin cycle. I keep many spare parts. Many are NLA. My current set is over twenty years old and works great.

Comment

We have the new GE with the steam cleaning option for the seal around the door. Main reason we like it so much is the reduced number of loads per day.

Comment

Speed Queen top loader is the only option for me now. After dealing with energy efficient washers for years, I’m done. The energy efficient washers don’t remove all of the soap from the load. This is because the water level is only about 4-6” deep. My Speed Queen washer has an eco water level setting that is low like that, to meet the commie EPA regulations too. But all the other settings are 11” deep which is awesome; no more soapy “clean clothes”. It even has a deep water setting that’s 14” deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                Speed Queen top loader is the only option for me now. After dealing with energy efficient washers for years, I’m done. The energy efficient washers don’t remove all of the soap from the load. This is because the water level is only about 4-6” deep. My Speed Queen washer has an eco water level setting that is low like that, to meet the commie EPA regulations too. But all the other settings are 11” deep which is awesome; no more soapy “clean clothes”. It even has a deep water setting that’s 14” deep.
                We did the Speed Queen top load and are very happy....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  We did the Speed Queen top load and are very happy....
                  Same here, glad some are having good luck with the front loader, but I can get a full tub of water with the Speed Queen. We had a top loader Maytag, that flooded in Harvey, but you could not get much water in there. I would wet the clothes when I put them in to make it think it had a bigger/heavier load just so the tub would have more water. What a pain. Went thru 2 other front loaders, crapped out early and always smelled. Love the Speed Queen.

Comment

The fact that you have to leave the door open to air it out and clean it or they stink and the only purpose of the machine is to “clean” kills it for me.

Top loader no agitator. I have Maytag no issues.. whirlpool is good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The original (2002-2004) Whirlpool Duet (not Duo) was a great front load washer. Sold many of them and had very few service issues. I would love to be able to find a new XL capacity 4+cf top loader with a porcelain coated tub and a dual action agitator with manual dials.

Comment

No more front loaders for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                          The original (2002-2004) Whirlpool Duet (not Duo) was a great front load washer. Sold many of them and had very few service issues. I would love to be able to find a new XL capacity 4+cf top loader with a porcelain coated tub and a dual action agitator with manual dials.
                          I’d sell my eye teeth for one of these but I’m not even sure they make them anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X